Free & Reduced Priced Meals
Application for the 2021-22 School Year
The online application only takes a few minutes and can be completed using your smart phone, tablet or computer. For questions or assistance, contact Nutrition Services at (425) 456-4507 during our normal business hours (7:00-3:30 p.m.). Parents will be notified by mail when their application has been processed. Once received, applications for school meal benefits are typically processed within 10 days.
Completing the online application is the fastest method to qualify your student for school meal benefits. If you choose, you may print and mail an application to Nutrition Services at 12037 NE 5th Street, Bellevue, WA 98005.
Why do we need to complete an application for school meal benefits if meals are offered free for all students?
Completing the school meal benefit application to qualify for free or reduced priced meals will allow your student to gain access to:
- Fee Waivers or discounts* offered by the district.
- Community resources such as Operation School Bell, Backpack Meals and Shoes that Fit.
- Potential expansion of federal P-EBT benefits.
- Uninterrupted school meal benefits for the first 30 days of the 2022-2023 school year.
*The Fee Waiver Program offers waived fees for IB & AP tests, extracurricular activities such as ASB dues, event registrations, field trips, performances, social events/dances, transportation fees, athletic fees and discounted summer school tuition.
- Complete Part 5, “Sharing Information”, in the online application to take advantage of the above mentioned district programs.
- If you receive notification from Nutrition Services that your student was “directly” certified for free or reduced price meals due to participation in assistance programs such as Basic Food, Medicaid, TANF, Foster or McKenney Vento; you must complete and return the “Consent to Share” form that is mailed with your notification letter to take advantage of the above programs.