Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Food Benefits
Washington is getting ready to issue Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) benefits for the 2020-21 school year.
Eligible families will be automatically mailed a P-EBT card with funds to purchase food while traditional breakfast and lunch services are not being provided in schools. P-EBT cards can be used to purchase food anywhere that accepts EBT-even farmers markets or online at Amazon or Walmart!
Families will want to keep the card that is issued for each of their children. The first issuance will include benefits from September 2020 through January 2021. Additional benefits will be added later in the year. Families are encouraged to continue to participate in the districts Meals2Go program even if they receive P-EBT benefits.
P-EBT: Two Steps to Success
Step 1: Ensure your children are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
- If you haven’t already, complete the 2020-21 school meal benefit application by visiting our Free & Reduced Priced Meals page.
- If you are unsure of whether you completed an application or want to verify that your children were directly certified for school meal benefits for this school year due to participation in assistance programs such as Basic Food, contact Nutrition Services at email@example.com or 425-456-4507 Monday to Friday from 7:00-3:30 pm.
Step 2: Ensure your mailing address is correct.
- P-EBT cards will be sent to the mailing address on file with the school district.
- To check which mailing address is on file with the school district, log into your ParentVue account.
- If you need to update your mailing address, a change of address form (PDF) must be completed.
- Please submit the change of address form to SPResidency@bsd405.org even if you don’t have all the documents needed to establish residency. Our residency specialists will update your address so you can get your P-EBT card(s) and then work with you to collect the needed residency documents.
- Menus & Nutritional Information
- Food Allergies & Special Dietary Needs
- Pay for Meals
- Free & Reduced Priced Meals
- Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Food Benefits
- Elementary Lunch Study
- Conservation Initiatives
- Frequently Asked Questions