Bellevue School District supports increasing access to membership, participation, and learning for students with IEPs within general education settings. Expanding inclusionary practices within the Bellevue School District for students with IEPs presumes all students are competent and are:
- To the maximum extent appropriate, participating and learning alongside their same-aged peers in general education classrooms.
- Experiencing reciprocal social relationships.
Bellevue School District is committed to:
- Supporting schools to expand their knowledge, skills, and beliefs to champion and provide equitable and inclusive practices for all students.
- Working dynamically with general and specialized educators, building leaders, students, and families to provide engaging and responsive experiences for students with IEPs.
- Expanding systems and supports at the district, school, classroom, and individual student level to ensure each and every student is achieving.