Spiritridge Tech Launch Plan
Dear Parents and Guardians of the Spiritridge Community:
Hoping that this message meets you in the best of health and happiness. As you know, Bellevue School District is launching the 2020-21 school year via remote learning. To ensure all students have equitable technology access to learn and connect with their school community, we are providing a “Spiritridge Tech Launch” Monday, August 24 – Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
To ensure that we are following COVID 19 guidelines and an efficient laptop distribution process, it is very important that we all review and adhere to the procedures outlined below.
Electronic Device Distribution Schedule (Dates/ Times)
Families, please adhere to the following time slots that are allotted for small groups based on your child’s last name. Plan to arrive as close as possible to your child’s assigned start time to ensure enough time to set-up your computer. If you have more than one child at Spiritridge you may select one day/time slot to pick your children’s technology devices.
Monday, August 24, 2020
- Kindergarten students
- Last Names A – L (9am – 10:30am)
- Last Names M – Z (10:30am – 12:00pm)
- 1st Grade
- Last Names A – L (1pm – 2:30pm)
- Last Names M – Z (2:30pm – 4:00pm)
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- 2nd Grade
- Last Names A – G (8am – 9am)
- Last Names H – N (9am – 10am)
- Last Names O – Z (10am – 11am)
- 3rd Grade
- Last Names A – F (12pm – 1pm)
- Last Names G – K (1pm – 2pm)
- Last Names L – R (2pm – 3pm)
- Last Names S – Z (pm – 4pm)
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- 4th Grade
- Last Names A – F (8am – 9am)
- Last Names G – L (9am – 10am)
- Last Names M – R (10am – 11am)
- Last Names S – Z (11am – 12pm)
- 5th Grade
- Last Names A – D (1pm – 2pm)
- Last Names E – K (2pm – 3pm)
- Last Names L – P (3pm – 4pm)
- Last Names Q – Z (4pm – 5pm)
Electronic Device Distribution Procedures
Please review the following questions. If the answer is YES to any of these questions, we are asking that you stay home and schedule another time for you to pick up your device.
- Do you have a cough and/or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours (3 days)?
- Do you have any shortness of breath or is it hard for you to breathe?
- Is anyone in your house ill with a fever or cough?
- Have you had contact with someone known to have or under investigation for Coronavirus in the last 14 days (2 weeks)?
- Parents/Guardian and Spiritridge student should only be in attendance
- If parents are not comfortable with student attending, that is ok.
- While on campus, please keep a safe distance of 6 feet apart from others as well as the staff involved in the distribution process.
- Please wear a mask/facial covering at all times
- Staff will also be wearing a mask and gloves to reduce transmission
- Upon your arrival, you and all of those in your party, will be screened with a thermometer.
- Please park in a designated parking spot and follow directional signs to keep flow of traffic
- While walking towards the building, please use sidewalks and follow the social distance protocols, signs and guidance from staff
Stations (What to expect?)
Here is a quick outline as to what to expect while on campus retrieving your child’s electronic device:
Station 1 – Welcome
- As soon as you park, please walk towards the MPR entrance. Families will be greeted by a staff member to help them begin the distribution process.
Station 2 – Safety Check
- Families will be asked to walk on the west side of the building to line up in the undercover area. There, temperature checks will be taken, hand sanitizer will be provided, and parents/guardians will be asked to sign-in.
Station 3 – Check-In
- Prior to entering the building, parents/ guardians will be asked to provide their child’s last name in order to retrieve a quick guide checklist. This checklist will provide step-by-step instructions to complete the electronic device set-up procedures. At this station, you will also be provided a student use agreement form. Parents/guardians will need to sign this form and submit it at station 6
Station 4 – Tech Distribution
- In the lobby area, families will receive their assigned electronic device.
Station 5 – Tech Set-Up and Support
- Families will be assigned to a specific table that has been cleaned after each use and begin completing the quick guide checklist. Families will need to set-up their computer on campus to ensure their child’s login is successful to each application that will be in use for virtual learning.
- This station may take up to 20 minutes to complete
Station 6 – Check-Out
- Once families have completed the quick guide checklist successfully, they will exit the building near the bus zone. Remember to submit the student-use agreement form. If you ordered a yearbook from last spring or are anticipating a backpack, these items will be ready for pick up at this station.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I cannot make it during my designated checkout day?
- If you are not able to pick up your computer during your allotted time, we will be providing Technology Pick Up on Wednesday, September 2nd. Details on times coming soon.
- Can families pick up all devices for siblings at one time?
- At station 3, just let one of the staff know that you are wanting to pick up multiple devices. If you are picking up an iPad and a Laptop on the same day, please allow staff additional time to honor your request.
- What type of device will my student receive?
- Kindergarten and 1st graders will receive an iPad. 2nd – 5th grade students will receive a laptop.
- Can I complete the Student User Agreement Form beforehand?
- Yes, Click here: Technology Responsible Use Pledge Form
- Where can I find information about Digital Learning expectations for students and families?
- The Bellevue School District’s website is a great place find additional resources. For clarity on student and parent expectations, please use this link https://bsd405.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/TheTechnologyTeam/EZ5j08Qh0J5LlBJ9Ek-UJtYBmLt7MORJkdl1BMbNdoflyw?e=xRfT9S
- For additional questions, please use the link below https://bsd405.org/departments/district-technology/1to1/