*This event in only open to immediate family members of current Spiritridge 5th grade students. Limit 5 family members.
5TH GRADE CEREMONY 2021
Date: June 16, Wednesday Location: Spiritridge Turf Field and Covered Area
We are excited to celebrate your child’s move from 5th grade to Middle School. Many of them have been with Spiritridge since Kindergarten and this marks the end of one stage in their learning journey and a beginning of another stage. It has been our joy and pleasure to teach your children and see them grow academically, socially, and emotionally over the years. We look forward to gathering and celebrating this wonderful transition in their lives.
Our celebration will be at Spiritridge Elementary outside on the turf field and covered area. We will be following social distancing and Covid19 protocols:
- All attendees need to wear a mask
- Students will be seated 6 feet apart
- Parents will have a standing area to watch and social distance safely
- Each family may have up to 5 household and/or immediate family members attend the ceremony
SCHEDULE: Please note the change in class times for AL and Virtual Classes
- Group A 9:30-10:30 – Marmolejo/Frieden
- Group B 11:00-12:00 – Heady/Gegwich
- Group C 12:30-1:30 – Whipple/Kennedy
Please have your child arrive 15 minutes before their group time to meet their class and line up for the ceremony.
PARKING: Please feel free to park along the curb in the entrance driveway loop and any other designated parking area. Do NOT park in the Bus Lane that day. Thank you.
CELEBRATION STATIONS: Students and families will have to celebrate after the ceremony and PTSA is hosting a few stations as well:
- Photo Stations with some fun props and frames
- T-shirt Table – each 5th grader gets a T-shirt
- Ice Cream – each 5th grader gets an ice cream treat
STUDENTS NEED TO BRING:
Grad Hat they made in Art to wear for the ceremony
Band/Orchestra Instrument to return
Happiness and Fun
Best Dance Moves
|EVENT||Group A||Group B||Group C|
|Class meeting and line up||9:15||10:45||12:15|
|Welcome/Calling of Classes||9:30||11:00||12:30|
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should students wear for the ceremony?
- Students can wear clothing they normally wear to school. However, if students would like dress more formally, they are welcome to do so as well. There are no expectations for a specific dress code except that it must align with the school/district dress code.
Will video or photos be taken by the school and/or PTSA?
- There will not be any formal video or photos from the school or PTSA. Parents are welcome to video and take photos on their own devices.
When should we plan on arriving for parking?
- Here are some estimated times for arrival and parking:
- Group A: 8:50-9:15
- Group B: 10:30-50
- Group C: 12:00-12:20
Can we park on campus (at Spiritridge)?
- However, we encourage one car per family if possible or for families to walk if they are able. We will be allowing parking along the parking lot curbs in the front of the building. Please DO NOT park in the Bus Zone.
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony itself with last about 25 minutes. Students and families will then have 20-30 minutes for celebration with photos, treats and getting their child’s t-shirt. Plan on about 45-60 minutes total.
- Please note that we are asking families to depart in a timely manner so the next groups families can arrive and find parking.
Can students stay or come to watch their friend’s ceremonies?
No. We are only allowing for immediate family members at each ceremony, with a maximum of 5 family members.