We are thrilled to have your students returning to school tomorrow. Our theme this year is TOGETHER. And we look forward to tackling this year Together With You.
Our staff has been preparing to provide a safe, welcoming, and positive return to school. We recognize that for many students this will be their first time back in person for school, so we will be ensuring this first day focuses on building community, making connections, and helping students feel safe. Time will also be spent on teaching students the safety measures we have in place and how to navigate the classroom and school in a healthy and safe manner.
It will be a busy arrival to school tomorrow morning, so we ask for your patience as we get traffic through the parking lot, busses unloaded and support student arrival. If you can walk/bike that would be helpful. We will have staff at all the entrances to welcome students. We will also have staff supervising each location where students are lining up. All students will be masked and three feet socially distanced.
Remember – tomorrow is a Wednesday, so school is over at 1:20 PM. Be sure you have planned accordingly.
Please refer to the Parent Info Session on the Spiritridge website for full overview of return to school logistics and protocols. Below I have highlighted arrival details as that is the most immediate item we will be navigating in the morning, and I have attached a quick overview PDF as well.
We are here to answer any questions you may have, so please reach out any time. See you all tomorrow morning.
Principal, Spiritridge Elementary
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL KEY REMINDERS
School Hours Wednesday 9/1 9:05-1:20 (early dismissal on Wednesdays all year)
ARRIVAL TIPS: Please refer to the Parent Info Session slide deck for visuals
- Students may arrive starting at 8:40 AM
Car Drop Off
- If you are driving your child, please follow the traffic signs for Student Drop Off. Stay on the inside lane marked by cones and proceed to the front of the school.
- Students exit cars past the FLAG POLE in the Drop Off Zone.
- Be kind and patient as we move cars through as quickly as possible. Help us out by pulling as far forward as you can in the drop off zone to fit in other cars.
- Please do not crowd the entrances and try to say your goodbyes in the Walk/Bike Zones. This will help us all be safe.
Bike Racks are located by the Bus Zone and MPR Entrance
- We will have staff welcoming students off the bus and directing them to their correct entrance. Adults will be at each entrance to welcome and help students.
We will be having lunch tomorrow. Students may either bring their own lunch or get a school lunch.
Snacks – you may also send snacks with your child. Teachers will provide time for snacks following all Covid protocols.
You should have received an email from your teacher introducing themselves as your child’s teacher. If you did not receive an email, we will have class lists at school to support students in finding out who their teacher is.
(Also check your Spam and Junk folders as sometimes emails from our Synergy data base go there)
CHILD CARE: Right at School
Right At School will provide Before and After School program for enrolled students tomorrow – Wednesday, September 1.
Right At School is a provider of extended day enrichment programs in Washington and across the nation, and a long-time partner of many Districts in Washington.
Register and Learn more at: https://bsd405.org/programs/child-care/
KEY DATES AND REMINDERS
- September 1, Wednesday– First Day of School Grade 1st – 5th
- September 3, Friday – First day of kindergarten
- There is no school for kindergarteners on Tuesday, September 7, 2021) They will attend on Friday, September 3, with their second day of school being Wednesday, September 8.
- September 6, Monday Labor Day = No School
- September 7, Tuesday – Grades 1st-5th return to school
- September 8, Wednesday – Kindergarten returns to school
For more information on preparing for a safe and healthy return to school, visit the BSD YouTube link: Start of School Information for the 2020-21 School Year
You can learn more at the BSD Covid Health and Safety page
- BSD calendars – https://bsd405.org/wp-content/pdf/calendar/2021-2022-family-staff-calendar.pdf
- BSD website: https://bsd405.org/
- School website: https://bsd405.org/ then select “Schools”, school level and your school
- Resources for Student/Family well-being – a list of well-being resources can be found on the counseling department website – https://bsd405.org/services/counseling/well-being-resources/
- Covid-19 Health and Safety – https://bsd405.org/services/health/covid-19-health-and-safety/
- Nutrition Services:https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/
- Free & Reduced priced meals application will become available on August 16, 2021.
- Sign up – https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- School Bus Information (for elementary and middle school students): https://bsd405.org/departments/transportation/ (the Transportation Dept will assist with any questions regarding bus service);
- High school students will be provided with a public transportation card if they live outside the walk zone.