SPIRITRIDGE PANTHER UPDATE August 20, 2021
We are busy with preparations to start the 2021-22 school year. Staff are busy engaging in professional learning and preparing learning spaces. The excitement is building as we get ready to bring students back to Spiritridge. Please read through this update for information about upcoming events, school news, and district news.
More detailed information about return to school will be arriving next week. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Principal, Spiritridge Elementary
COVID/RETURN TO SCHOOL
I know there are many questions about how school will operate safely under the Covid Protocols and rest assured we are putting together documents and communication to share with you all. We should have that out early next week for you all. Here are few hot topic updates I can share briefly:
- Lunch – Students will be socially distanced utilizing the stage, cafeteria, gym and outdoor spaces. More info coming.
- Arrival/Dismissal – Will look very similar to last Spring: staggered arrival times; specific entrances for grade levels; assigned waiting areas; social distancing
- Masks – All staff and students will be required to wear masks at school
- Volunteers/Visitors – We will be waiting to allow any volunteers/visitors in school for the first few weeks of school so we can establish safe routines. Then we will assess if/how we can safely allow volunteers and visitors at Spiritridge.
Again – we will be sharing more detailed information and posting to our website as well by next week.
For more information on preparing for a safe and healthy return to school, visit the BSD YouTube link: Start of School Information for the 2020-21 School Year
You can learn more at the BSD Covid Health and Safety page
SUPPLY LISTS 2021
Attached to this email and Posted on the Spiritridge website
CHILD CARE: Right at School
Right At School is a provider of extended day enrichment programs in Washington and across the nation, and a long-time partner of many Districts in Washington.
- Starting on June 28, Right At School will provide a full-day summer program for K-5th grades at Stevenson Elementary School.
- On September 1, Right At School will provide Before and After School programs at all of our elementary schools that have space.
- Watch a Right At School Virtual Information Session on YouTube
Register and Learn more at: https://bsd405.org/programs/child-care/
Elementary teacher assignments are emailed out to parents the last week of August, no later than Friday August 27.
KEY DATES AND REMINDERS
- September 1, Wednesday– Frist Day of School Grade 1st – 5th
- September 3, Friday – First day of kindergarten
- There is no school for kindergarteners on Tuesday September 7, 2021) They will attend on Friday, September 3, with their second day of school being Wednesday, September 8.
- September 6, Monday Labor Day = No School
- September 7, Tuesday – Grades 1st-5th return to school
- September 8, Wednesday – Kindergarten returns to school
BACK TO SCHOOL EVENTS:
FAMILY INFO SESSION: August 26, Thursday 5:30-6:15 on TEAMS
Join Principal Hetherington for an overview of school opening logistics: Arrival/Dismissal; Lunch/Recess; Volunteers; Classrooms; and more. TEAMS invite coming soon.
POPSICLE SOCIAL AND SUPPLIES: August 30, Monday 3:00-6:00
This is an opportunity for students and families to meet outside at Spiritridge on the playground for popsicles. Students can drop off supplies as well. We will be providing updates on if supplies will be dropped off in the building or at outside locations based on updated Covid Protocols. Watch for communication next week.
PANTHER FAMILY PICNIC (PTSA): September 10, Friday 5:30-7:30
Come gather with other Spiritridge Families to celebrate the start of the school year. Families will be asked to bring their own meals/food (picnic style). More information will be shared from the PTSA based on updated Covid Protocols.
COVID-19 Vaccination Pop-up Clinics
|August 2021 Clinic Invitation Chinese||August 2021 Clinic Invitation Spanish|
COVID-19 Vaccine POP-UP Clinic for Bellevue School District Students, Families, Employees and their Families, and the Community In partnership with Safeway/Albertsons
We have appointments available for the Pfizer vaccine, the Moderna vaccine, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Appointments are available to all BSD students aged 12 and up, their family members, employees and their families, and members of the community. To be eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, you must be aged 12 or older. To be eligible for the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines, you must be aged 18 or older. We are also offering the flu shot!
Clinic at Odle Middle School
When: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Odle Middle School
502 143rd Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98007
Clinic at Sammamish High School
When: Saturday, August 28, 2021
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Sammamish High School
100 140th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98005
You can sign up for the COVID vaccine, the flu shot, or both! If you want to get both shots, you must sign up using both links below – but only come to one of the appointment times as you can get both shots at once.
Sign up using the links below to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine and/or flu shot appointment for either Tuesday, August 24th or Saturday, August 28th. Select ‘Odle’ as the location for 8/24 and ‘Sammamish’ as the location for 8/28:
SIGN UP FOR THE COVID VACCINE:
SIGN UP FOR THE FLU SHOT: https://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/BSDFlu
If you have trouble signing up through either link above, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have access to a printer, please complete and print the Informed Consent and Release of Information form (link is available after you sign up for an appointment through the link above) and bring it with you to the clinic. We will also have copies of the form available for you to complete at the clinic. ***Parent/guardian signature on this document is required if the person being vaccinated is under age 18.
Parent/guardian must accompany all people receiving the vaccine who are 12-15 years old.
At check-in please bring with you and have your health insurance card ready. If you do not have health insurance, you will not be turned away.
We are so pleased to be able to host this vaccine clinic. We hope to see you there!
Bellevue School District – Health Services
- BSD calendars – https://bsd405.org/wp-content/pdf/calendar/2021-2022-family-staff-calendar.pdf
- BSD website: https://bsd405.org/
- School website: https://bsd405.org/ then select “Schools”, school level and your school
- Resources for Student/Family well-being – a list of well-being resources can be found on the counseling department website – https://bsd405.org/services/counseling/well-being-resources/
- Covid-19 Health and Safety – https://bsd405.org/services/health/covid-19-health-and-safety/
- Nutrition Services:https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/
- Free & Reduced priced meals application will become available on August 16, 2021.
- Sign up – https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- School Bus Information (for elementary and middle school students): https://bsd405.org/departments/transportation/ (the Transportation Dept will assist with any questions regarding bus service);
- High school students will be provided with a public transportation card if they live outside the walk zone.
Preschool registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open at the following buildings:
- Clyde Hill
- Jing Mel
- Lake Hills
- Phantom Lake
You can visit this link(https://bsd405.org/programs/preschool/ for more information. Tuition is assistance is available for qualifying families.
¡La inscripción para preescolares está ABIERTA para el año escolar 21-22! ¡Visite nuestro sitio web para obtener más información sobre las ofertas de preescolar y los enlaces de registro! ¡El enlace a nuestra página web se puede encontrar aquí! La asistencia para la matrícula está disponible para las familias que califiquen.