SPIRITRIDGE PANTHER UPDATE
September 6, 2021
We had a successful launch to the school year and your children were amazing in their transition back to school and following all the protocols we have in place. Thank you for your support at home and ensuring we keep our students safe at school.
Big Shout Out to our GSA’s (General School Assistants) who managed our new 5 lunch/recess schedule, five afternoon recesses, supervision of students during arrival, and classroom support. The lunch schedule was the biggest lift of the school year and our GSA’s teamwork allowed for a smooth start to the year. It was not without some bumps along the way but overall was a success and the students were safe. We will continue to monitor and make changes as needed. The GSA Team at Spirtiridge in critical to our school and we are grateful for their academic support and student supervision.
We are all in this TOGETHER!!
- Only grade 1-5 return Tuesday, 9/7
- Kindergarten returns Wednesday 9/8
Principal, Spiritridge Elementary
KEY DATES AND REMINDERS
- September 7, Tuesday – Grades 1st-5th return to school
- September 8, Wednesday – Kindergarten returns to school
- September 10, Friday – Back to School Movie Night 7:00-9:00 PM
- October 5, Tuesday – Curriculum Night – Virtual. 5:30-6:30 PM
- More details coming soon.
BACK TO SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHT
9/10 Friday 7:00-9:00 @Spiritridge Elementary Playground Area
Welcome back to Spiritridge! In lieu of our traditional Back to School BBQ we will be hosting a back-to-school outdoor movie night! Please bring snacks and beverages for your family, blankets and/or low back chairs. There will be plenty of space to spread out and social distance.
The movie will begin at about 7:15pm and will run for approximately 2 hours.
Please sign up to help with one of the needed volunteer positions!
PTSA MEMBERSHIP – Become a Spiritridge PTSA member today
Your membership helps support our student enrichment learning opportunities and curriculum enhancements along with school activities, family events and GSA support.
More information will be coming about our annual fundraiser the Spiritridge Walkathon early next week 9/13.
Your donations are critical to providing enrichment opportunities, school events/activities and ensuring student safety and support with our GSA’s. Together we can reach our goal and continue to make Spiritridge the incredible learning community it has been for over 50 years.
Plus – What will Mr. H do this year if we reach our goal!
Will it be another Polar Bear Plunge or back to the classic Gatorade Dump!!
SCHOOL ARRIVAL TIPS:
Please refer to the Parent Info Session slide deck for visuals
- Students may arrive starting at 8:40 AM
Car Drop Off
- If you are driving your child, please follow the traffic signs for Student Drop Off. Stay on the inside lane marked by cones and proceed to the front of the school.
- Students exit cars past the FLAGPOLE in the Drop Off Zone.
- Be kind and patient as we move cars through as quickly as possible. Help us out by pulling as far forward as you can in the drop off zone to fit in other cars.
- Please do not crowd the entrances and try to say your goodbyes in the Walk/Bike Zones. This will help us all be safe.
Bike Racks are located by the Bus Zone and MPR Entrance
- We will have staff welcoming students off the bus and directing them to their correct entrance. Adults will be at each entrance to welcome and help students.
The 2021-2022 Official Notices, Weapons Policy and Truancy Laws are available on the district website. English, Spanish and Simplified Chinese versions can be found on the Official Notices page.
CHILD CARE: Right at School
Right At School is a provider of extended day enrichment programs in Washington and across the nation, and a long-time partner of many Districts in Washington.
Register and Learn more at: https://bsd405.org/programs/child-care/
- BSD calendars – https://bsd405.org/wp-content/pdf/calendar/2021-2022-family-staff-calendar.pdf
- BSD website: https://bsd405.org/
- School website: https://bsd405.org/ then select “Schools”, school level and your school
- Resources for Student/Family well-being – a list of well-being resources can be found on the counseling department website – https://bsd405.org/services/counseling/well-being-resources/
- Covid-19 Health and Safety – https://bsd405.org/services/health/covid-19-health-and-safety/
- Nutrition Services:https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/
- Free & Reduced priced meals application will become available on August 16, 2021.
- Sign up – https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- School Bus Information (for elementary and middle school students): https://bsd405.org/departments/transportation/ (the Transportation Dept will assist with any questions regarding bus service);
- High school students will be provided with a public transportation card if they live outside the walk zone.