The 2017-2018 8th Grade Ceremony will be held on June 21, at 1:15 PM in the Tillicum at Ringdall gym. The ceremony is typically held on the last full-day of school during the school day and the date is subject to change if there is an unplanned school closure or snow day.
Tickets are not required.
Students are expected to attend morning classes, and to participate in the rehearsal that morning. There will be an 8th grade lunch prior to the ceremony with celebratory activities for the students.
- All Tillicum 8th grade students are able to participate in the promotion ceremony, walk across the stage and receive a certificate.
- The 8th grade team will select two 8th grade speakers.
- There are many great programs, clubs and activities at Tillicum, all of which contribute to a successful middle school experience for our students. Special recognition will be provided for the following achievements:
- Students receiving staff awards will be called to the stage to be recognized.
- Students with a cumulative 4.0 GPA will be called to the stage to be recognized.
- Students with a cumulative 4.0-3.75 GPA will receive a Presidential Academic Excellence Certificate in addition to their promotion certificate.
- Students with a GPA of 3.75 and above will be recognized by an indicator next to their name in the program.
- Students with perfect attendance will be recognized by an indicator next to their name in the program.
- NJHS Members receive a seal attached to their promotion certificate.
- Students earning the Seal of Biliteracy will have the seal attached to their promotion certificate.
- Students completing our ISA program will receive the Diploma de Excelencia Academia in addition to their promotion certificate.
- There will be a reception in the cafeteria immediately following the ceremony. Beverages and light snacks will be provided by the Tillicum PTA.
- 8th grade students may go home with their families after the ceremony, or remain on campus until the 3:30 dismissal.
- Parking is limited. Please plan accordingly and adhere to all posted parking restrictions in the neighborhood. The Bus Zone must remain clear.