Hello Tillicum Families! Counselors have put together this list of resources for you. If you need to reach us, here are the counselors and the alphabet they serve by last name. If you have further questions, we will return your email at the end of August.
For last names A – Le: Natalie Matwiejow, MatwiejowN@bsd405.org
For last names Li – Z: Kaitlin Casey, Casey, CaseyK@bsd405.org
- CRISIS SUPPORT: If you or anyone you know is in crisis or has an urgent mental health need, please call 866-427-4747 or visit www.crisisconnections.org/contact/.
- ONGOING COUNSELING SUPPORT with Youth Eastside Services (YES): A receptionist is on duty Monday – Thursday from 1:00 – 7:00 pm at our Bellevue site, and can take phone calls. In addition, we are continuing to check phone messages on Monday – Thursday outside of those hours. Families can self-refer by calling (425)747-4937. Visit this website for more information: https://www.youtheastsideservices.org/services/openaccess/.
- FREE REFERRAL SERVICE FOR MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES through Seattle Children’s hospital: Mental Health Referral Services
- ADDITIONAL COUNSELING RESOURCES: https://bsd405.org/services/counseling/ & https://bsd405.org/services/counseling/well-being-resources/
- SCHEDULES for next year: All questions and issues will be addressed via email in August when counselors return.
- OUTSIDE LEARNING: The deadline for outside learning requests is June 26th. After June 19th, please submit your requests to (insert contact here). If you submitted a request to retake a class online this summer and you are waiting for the approval form – all forms will be loaded into Parent or Student VUE in the Documents Tab. If you do not receive the form by July 3rd, you can contact the district main office (425-456-4000).
- SUMMER SCHOOL – Information about summer school is posted on the BSD Remote Summer School page. All classes are remote and only for credit recovery (previous F grade).
- After June 19th, please book an appointment with the Summer School Counselor to get the registration code. Book an appointment here: https://tinyurl.com/SummerSchoolCounselor
- LAPTOP and TECHNOLOGY: Questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUMMER RESOURCES on the district website (including food and family resources): https://bsd405.org/corona-virus-covid-19/
- OTHER HELPFUL DOCUMENTS for supporting student mental health and wellness: Mental Health While Staying Home Resources Talking With Children Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks How to Support Your Child