- 6th grade registration powerpoint
- Course catalog and Instruction video
- Meet your counselors!
- *NEW* Registration info Night video
For the 2023-2024 school year, Tyee will be using StudentVUE and ParentVUE for students to request their elective classes. Elective courses may be year-long courses, semester courses, or a combination of both to equal 2.5 course credits. In addition to your 2.5 credits of elective requests, you will also need to enter a minimum of 2.0 credits of alternate requests. In the event that one of your first-choice requests cannot be scheduled, every effort will be made to place you in one of your alternate requests.
We will make every attempt to register you in the electives that you select, but there is no guarantee that you will be placed into your first choices or alternates. Registration is impacted by school enrollment, class sizes, conflicts in master schedule, and number of class sections available. In rare cases, students may be scheduled into classes they did not request.
Please follow these steps to select your courses online:
- Login to ParentVUE or StudentVUE
- On the left side you will see a new tab called Course Request, click that tab
- Read the instructions carefully about how to make your course requests Please note that #3 instructs you to select 7 credits, however your 4.5 core credits will be entered for you. You will only select 2.5 credits of electives.
- Click the button that says, “Click here to enter or change course requests”. Then scroll down to the bottom and search by department or course title. Be sure to select 2.5 credits of “Request” courses (your first choices) and a minimum of 2.0 credits of “Alternate” courses.
- All students will be required to take a minimum of 1 semester of an approved arts course each of their three years in middle school.
The deadline to register in
StudentVUE and ParentVUE is Friday, March 24, 2023.
Middle School Course Catalog is online at https://bsd405.org/departments/teaching-and-learning/course-catalog/
Translation Services are available, please call:
Español: 425-456-4254 Pусский: 425-456-4280 日本語: 425-456-4281
中文 : 425-456-4282 한국의: 425-456-4283 Tiếng Việt: 425-456-4284
2023 – 2024 6th Grade Elective Courses
English Language Arts
- Semester Creative Writing I
- Semester Debate I
- Semester Beginning Drama
- Semester Advanced Drama (must complete Beginning Drama)
- Semester Dance
Performing Arts – Music
- Semester Pop Music Exploration
- Year Entry Band
- Year Entry Choir
- Year Entry Orchestra
- Year Studio Art
- Semester Art Exploration
- Semester Art Around the World
- Semester Ceramics
- Semester Ceramics 2 (must complete Ceramics)
Career and Technical
- Semester Applied Engineering
Semester Robotics (must complete Applied Engineering)
Semester Flight and Space (must complete Applied Engineering)
Semester Computer Science Discoveries
- Semester Coding in Python 1
- Semester Coding in Python 2 (must complete Coding in Python 1)
- Semester Design and Production (must complete Applied Engineering)
- Semester Media Technology
- Semester Video Production 1
- Semester Video Production 2 (must complete Video Production 1)
- Semester Physical Education Elective – 6th & 7th Grade
- Year Chinese 1A
- Year French 1A
- Year Spanish 1A
- Semester Leadership
- Year AVID
ADDITIONAL ELECTIVE OFFERED VIA ONLINE ONLY
- Year Arabic 1
This course is for students who are interested in learning Arabic whether they have prior experience with the language. Beginning students will learn how to communicate in Arabic Language through listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Students will experience listening to and learning different dialects from other Arabic speaking countries. Throughout the course students will learn about the history of the Arab world and the diverse cultures.
- Year Arabic 2 (must complete Arabic 1)
Students will develop their communication in Arabic Language through listening, speaking, reading, writing and presentational speaking and writing. Students will experience listening to and learning different dialects of Arabic to consider the cultural aspects of use of Arabic language more carefully. Throughout the course students will broaden their understanding of cultural histories of the Arab world.
Location: Bellevue Digital Discovery available to all secondary schools.
Learn More: https://bsd405.org/bellevue-digital-discovery/