As I rang in the new year, I couldn’t help but be excited about what is going to take place in 2018. It may only be January but I am counting down the months until opening day of the 2018-19 school year at Wilburton Elementary! Here is a little glimpse of what has been going on “behind the scenes” as we plan and prepare to open in the fall:
- Construction continues on the building structure
- Working to solidify our furniture order
- We are working with the BSD Technology team to plan, learn, and order hardware for the building including laptops, tablets, interactive flat screens, document cameras, projectors, and more!
- The hiring of staff has started and should be mostly be completed by March
- Professional Development for this spring/summer is being planned for the Wilburton Staff
- Community Gatherings for this winter/spring are on the calendar (January, March and May)
- Kindergarten registration and information night is on the calendar
- Work has started with our BSD PTSA council to take our first steps in creating a PTSA for Wilburton
Many people have also inquired about our bell schedule for Wilburton Elementary. We will be an early start elementary school, with the following hours for the 2018-19 school year:
- M, T, TH, F: 8:00am-2:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am- 12: 10pm
Needless to say, my 2018 has started off busy and full of energy! I hope your 2018 has started off fantastic and I look forward to meeting you at our January Family Nights! #WeAreFamily
Beth Hamilton, Principal
Wilburton Family Nights
Welcome to the Wilburton Family! Come join the fun as we gather together to begin to build our school community. Bring the whole family for food, fun, and information. Each night will be the same information and fun, just pick the one that works for your family.
- January 22: 6 p.m.-8 p.m. at Clyde Hill Elementary
- January 25: 6 p.m.-8 p.m. at Enatai Elementary
- January 26: 6 p.m.-8 p.m. at Woodridge Elementary
Parent Teacher Student Association
Are you interesting in helping create our Wilburton Elementary PTSA? PTSA is a vital part of a thriving school, supporting our community of parents, staff, and students. We will be working with our BSD PTSA council to begin the process of starting our Wilburton Elementary PTSA in the coming months. If you are interested in being part of this inaugural planning team, please email me at email@example.com with your contact information.
In building construction, topping out is a builders’ rite traditionally held when the last beam is placed atop a structure during its construction. The Wilburton Elementary Topping Out Ceremony was held on January 3, 2018. A big THANK YOU to everyone who continues to work hard to ensure our school is ready for opening in Fall 2018!