Happy New Year, Wolves! We hope that you had a relaxing break and are ready to get back into the school routine! So many of our students did a great job reading over break and turned in their Reading Challenge Forms Today. Students who turned in their forms will be enjoying their Hot Cocoa Party on Wednesday.
This winter/spring we have many activities our students will partake in along with the everyday learning they experience. Below are a few ways students are extending their learning in January:
- Grade 2 will welcome the Toyman
- All students will enjoy a Zaniac Assembly (thank you Bellevue Schools Foundation)
- 4/5 grade students will have a glass fusing workshop (thank you BSF)
- The BHS choir and Steeldrum groups will perform at Wilburton
- Living Voices: Island of Hope will perform for grade 3 (thank you BSF)
All students will have events and activities throughout the year that extend their learning and continue to focus on making the learning rigorous and relevant.
This month will also feature our first ever FESTIVAL OF CULTURE for Wilburton Families. We are excited to partner with PTA to sponsor this evening! The evening will be from 6-8pm on January 25. We hope everyone can make it to learn about the many cultures around the world that make up our Wilburton community! If you would like to help and/or be part of the Festival of Culture, please go to https://www.wilburtonpta.org/festival-of-culture/ for more details.