Dear Cherry Crest Students and Families,
Hope this finds you well and looking forward to a summer break. As the school year ends, we would like to retrieve the district items you have been using during remote learning and give you an opportunity to pick up any personal items you have left at school. Your health and well-being are our primary concerns as such we will be following state guidelines and physical distancing during this process.
The exchanges will take place via your vehicle in the student drop-off/pick-up zones on June 19th. To manage traffic flow, we are scheduling families for specific times alphabetically (see schedule below).
We ask that you look for the following items in preparation:
- Textbooks and classroom reading books
- Library books
- Laptops, power cords, and hot spots if you are not participating in summer opportunities
- Musical instruments for current 5th
To see specific items that have been checked out to your student(s), you may access your students Destiny account: https://destiny.bsd405.org
- Choose Cherry Crest, then “Log In” (upper right corner) using BSD credentials: ( i.e. s-luxja s#123456)
- Choose “My Info” at the top to see what you have currently checked out.
- *Please note that this will not be a complete list as some items are not tracked via the Destiny system.
Drop Off/Pick Up Protocol:
Please use NE 32nd Street to come into the school. You may use either NE 32nd Street or 124th Avenue to exit the school.
As you pull into the school you will be met by a greeter who will ask you for your last name. To help with this process, please write your student’s name and teacher on a piece of paper taped to the window on the driver’s side of the car. (Download Printable Car Label.) This information will be used to gather your students’ belongings which have been pre-packed by their teacher. The greeter will then direct you to the drop off stations. When you reach the first station please pop your trunk or back gate of your car so that your items can be gathered. We ask that you separate your items into the following groupings for easier gathering:
- Textbooks and other classroom materials labeled with teacher(s) name (see picture)
- Library books
- Musical Instruments
- Technology items (Laptops + Hot spots + Power cords)
- FINAL STATION: Student belongings will be placed in trunk. When your trunk is closed, you’re done!
If you are walking to the school, please see the greeter and they can direct you through the process. To keep yourself and others safe during this process, please wear a mask.
The materials exchange will take place on Friday June 19th at Cherry Crest Elementary. For anyone who is unable to come on this day, please indicate on this form. Our make-up day is planned for June 22nd.
Our Monday June 22nd make-up day will be from 10-1 for those families unable to make it in on the 19th. This will be on a first-come, first-served basis with no scheduled arrival times.
We realize that this is not the way everyone would like to spend part of their afternoon on the last day of school. However, know that we have 33 staff members who volunteered to come on Friday the 19th, while we have far less than half that number who are able to come on the 22nd. Please, if you can- plan on coming on Friday the 19th! Thank you for continuing to support our school and community!
UPDATED INFORMATION from the PTSA June 18th 2020:
Below is the specific schedule alphabetically by last name:
If you cannot participate, please use this link – Form here
If you, someone in your family, or someone you have been in close contact with is showing signs of COVID-19 including the symptoms below, please stay home.
- A fever within the last 72 hours
- Shortness of breadth
- Body aches
Please practice good hygiene and physical distancing, including:
- Frequent hand washing
- Avoid touching your face including eyes, nose, and mouth
- Frequently use hand sanitizer
- Remain at least 6 feet apart from others.
Questions? Contact school secretary Denise Anderson [email protected].
Dusty Steere and Erin Stedman
Cherry Crest Elementary