Scroll down to learn more about Right At School childcare and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue Project Learn Afterschool Program.
Right At School
Right At School, is a provider of extended day enrichment programs in Washington and across the nation, and a long-time partner of many Districts in Washington.
- On September 1, Right At School will provide Before and After School programs at all of our elementary schools that have space.
- Watch a Right At School Virtual Information Session on YouTube
Right At School, is a provider of extended day enrichment programs in Washington and across the nation, and a long-time partner of many Districts in Washington– including Puyallup, Edmonds, Federal Way, Renton, Bethel, and Auburn – with significant experience serving diverse communities including: hiring and managing multilingual staff, providing informational materials in multiple languages, employing multilingual customer service representatives, and tailoring curriculum and program activities to local priorities in culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As you may know, our self-operated program has encountered challenges over the past year. This new option will provide more access to on-site childcare in more schools with added benefits such as extended-day enrichment and social emotional learning outside of the classroom and a discount to BSD staff. Right At School is also going to provide opportunities to former BOOST staff who have been furloughed as a result of pandemic-related program cuts. Our new partner has committed to providing first interview opportunities to any former BOOST staff who may be interested in working in the Right At School program.
In alignment with BSD’s strategic priorities, Right At School is committed to providing equitable access to their programs in the following ways. Right at School will:
- provide all families on the free and reduced lunch program with a 50% discount on tuition. Furthermore, Right At School accepts state childcare subsidies and the military Childcare Aware subsidy, and even has a dedicated team and online resource to help parents understand how to apply for subsidies and fill out the correct forms.
- work with BSD to facilitate grants for students in families experiencing financial inability to pay tuition.
- provide all BSD staff with a 75% tuition discount.
- ensure there are no enrollment caps or location restrictions, space permitting, meaning our families will be able to sign up for Right At School in their child’s school building without having to worry about busing, transportation to another school, or wait lists.
- be able to offer rates in line with our current childcare options and provide flexibility for our parents with 1,2,3,4 or 5-day enrollment options and no change or cancellation fees.
- help us offer more students opportunities to benefit from extended social emotional learning aligned with our core competencies by leveraging daily SEL activities. Right At School has been recognized as an inaugural member of AASA’s SEL Cohort.
- help us better accommodate and support special needs students in our childcare programming. Right At School employs a Master’s-level therapist who will work with our staff to develop and accommodate plans for our special needs students.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue has been an important part of the Bellevue community for almost 70 years. The Club provides a fun and safe environment with caring adults for youth when they are not in school. The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
Project Learn Afterschool Program 21-22
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue’s afterschool program enhances the skills and knowledge young people learn at school through high-yield learning activities. Each day dedicated BGCB staff deliver innovative and inspiring programs focusing on BGCB’s three outcome areas: Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character & Citizenship.
- Program starts Monday, September 13, 2021 and ends Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Program hours: Immediately afterschool until 6:30 p.m.
- Club is open to Project Learn members on-site for BSD Professional Days.
All participants must have a current $27 Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue membership.
- $280/month for Elementary School Programs
Free for Middle & High School members with an active membership at our Lake Hills and Downtown locations. Registration is required.
- Free for children of BSD Employees
- Scholarships are available for those that qualify.