To use communications strategies, tools, public information, and storytelling to inspire each and every student and family to learn and thrive as creators of their future world.
The mission of the Bellevue School District Communications Department is to share factual and timely messages that serve all community members with accessible information through a transparent and dynamic communications process across all BSD media channels.
We strive to communicate the lived experiences of our learning community through stories that reflect and value one another’s humanity and. provides courageous support to affirm and inspire a sense of belonging.
As a values-driven Communications Department, we strive to embody our shared purpose each and every day, in every interaction, between and among our school community. To that end, we’ve identified the following values to guide our work in the way we prioritize our energies and efforts, how we make decisions, and ultimately how we serve our students and each other:
- Service – We strive to deliver communications to the platforms our community members use.
- Integrity – We aim to provide transparent and accessible communication methods with our community members. We encourage proactive and transparent communication with our community members. We strive to use inclusive practices in our communications methods and delivery.
- Excellence – We aim to produce content aligned with regional and national standards of school communication and engagement practices.
- Compassion – We are mindful of and respond to the thoughts and feelings of others and are kind, authentic, and self-aware in our interactions.
- Respect – We welcome diverse ideas and contributions, assume each other’s best intentions, and honor each other’s strengths and traditions.
- Collaboration – We seek to build regular thought partnerships related to our communications methods, messages, and technologies to sustain continuous improvement cycles.
Our Mission, Vision and Values were developed from the Bellevue School District’s Strategic Plan