Did you know the Bellevue School District has a Teaching and Learning Department? The Teaching and Learning Department is comprised of administrators and teacher leaders who support learning across the Bellevue School District to promote high quality instruction, student well-being, and exceptional staff.Read More
Watch Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th Grade Information Sessions on YouTube.
The vision of Special Education in the Bellevue School District is that students are, first and foremost, general education students. Our students:
- Achieve their potentials and are as independent as possible in determining and living out their preferred futures.
- Are prepared for their next step in continuing their education, career, and life.
- Are supported in achieving their preferred futures by a cohesive network which includes their family, school district staff and resources, and a wide array of community partners and services.
- Become self-fulfilled, self-determined, and productive members of the community.
When a child or young adult is identified as eligible for special education, the district provides education that is specially designed to meet the student’s unique needs and ultimately aimed at preparing the student for a post high school academic setting, employment and independent living. Special education is provided at no cost to the student or parent.
Special education must conform to the student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP). An IEP is a written plan for a child with a disability that includes specific information about areas needing additional or special support, and the services that will be provided. The IEP may include instruction conducted in the classroom, in the home, in hospitals, institutions and other settings.
- 2019/2020 Special Education Organization Chart (PDF)
- BSD Steps to Communicate with School and District Staff (English (PDF) / Spanish (PDF))
- Bellevue Special Needs PTSA Brochure 2019-20 (PDF)
- Parent & Student Rights (Procedural Safeguards)
- Section 504
Special Education Records
The Bellevue School District retains special education records six years from separation of services. If the student has not received services from BSD in more than 6 years, those records are no longer available.
Students currently enrolled:
Please contact your school for records.
Students no longer enrolled:
Please contact SpecialEdRecords@bsd405.org or (425) 456-4149
Special Education Staff
All phone numbers begin with (425) 456-
All email addresses end with @bsd405.org
|Last Name||First Name||Position||Extension|
|Clevenger||Kelley||Director of Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||4144|
|DeJong||Karen||Director of Special Educationemail@example.com||4144|
|Edlund||Heather||Executive Director of Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||4156|
|Farria||Yasmin||Administrative Assistant to Exec. Directoremail@example.com||4156|
|Lang||Carrie||Director of Health Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||4144|
|Schweitzer||Melissa||Director of Special Educationemail@example.com||4144|
|Wong Callisto||Kristen||Director of Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||4144|