We are excited to announce we still have some space in our Spanish Immersion and Spanish Dual Language programs for incoming kindergarteners. | Nos complace anunciar que aún tenemos espacio disponible en nuestros programas de inmersión y lenguaje dual de español para los estudiantes que ingresarán al grado de kínder en el siguiente ciclo escolar.Read More
Welcome to the Bellevue School District. We are happy to have your family join us!
Scroll down the page to start the enrollment process, find contact information, and view enrollment related news items.
We are currently receiving a high volume of enrollment submissions. Priority will be given to the 2021-22 school year submissions.
- The enrollment process for new students for the 2021-2022 school year may take several days.
- The enrollment process for new students for the 2022-2023 school year may take several weeks.
- Students enrolling in the Bellevue School District in grades kindergarten through 12 enroll in their attendance area school – the school associated to their address – unless they have been preapproved to attend a different school.
- All families must establish residency in the Bellevue School District as part of the enrollment process. After reviewing the information below, if you need further assistance, please contact SPResidency@bsd405.org or call 425-456-4200.
- Your enrollment will be complete when all the documents have been received. If you are unable to provide residency documents – there are other options.
- Need to enroll in preschool? Please visit our Preschool page.
- Have questions? Visit our Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions page
To help families transition to their next step in the 2022-23 school year, every neighborhood school offers a parent information session for incoming kindergartners, sixth graders and ninth graders.Read More
12011 NE 1st Street
Bellevue, WA 98005
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Bellevue School District. We serve about 20,000 students in 29 schools. Our students live in Bellevue and the smaller surrounding communities of Clyde Hill, Medina, Hunts Point, Yarrow Point and Beaux Arts, plus portions of Issaquah, Kirkland, Newcastle, Redmond and unincorporated King County.
In order to enroll in our schools students must be physically living within the Bellevue School District attendance boundaries, students living in nearby school districts may enroll if they have an approved interdistrict transfer.
PLEASE READ before starting your enrollment –
Please ensure you upload all required documents listed on the enrollment page (For residency: a residency verification form & documents to prove residency. For enrollment: the enrollment packet & immunization form; and additionally only for kindergarten or 1st grade students, a birth certificate or passport is required for enrollment).
If you do not provide all the necessary documents your student’s enrollment will be delayed. If all required documents have not been submitted, your student’s enrollment submission will be put on hold until we can contact you and you provide the missing documents.
Please do not email us to verify that your documents have been received. We are processing enrollments as quickly as possible and this will only delay the process. Submissions will be processed in the order received.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
New Student enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year will begin March 1, 2022.
New student enrollment documents for the 2022-2023 school year will not be accepted until March 1st. This is notification that if you submit 2022-2023 enrollment documents to the secure portal your submission will be closed automatically without review. When the enrollment process for 2022-2023 has been determined a link will be provided here with enrollment instructions for the upcoming school year.
Enroll Your New Student for the Current School Year (2021-2022):
Visit our Enroll Your Student page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which school will my student attend?
Students in the district are assigned to an attendance area school based on their home address. Visit our Find Your School page to find your school. And remember, you are guaranteed enrollment at your attendance area school.
Can I attend a different school?
Each year we allow district families to submit an application for a school that is not their attendance area school; this is called Open Transfer. We also have a selection of Choice Schools and enroll entry level students from across the district through a lottery process.
If your student has been accepted to a school through open transfer, to a choice school or program (Big Picture, International, Jing Mei, Puesta del Sol or the Spanish Dual Language Program) or to the Advanced Learning Program, your student’s place at the assigned school is secure provided you go through the entire enrollment process, including establishing residency. This applies to all grade levels.
How do I enroll my student?
- Review the instructions on collecting your documents to establish residency, completing the enrollment packet and immunization form.
- Save all required residency documents and enrollment forms to the same folder on your computer. If any required documents are missing, it will delay the enrollment of your student.
- Upload all required documents to the secure portal. On the submission page, input the information requested in each field, upload your documents and select submit.