Welcome to the Bellevue School District. We are happy to have your family join us!
Scroll down the page to start the enrollment process, find contact information, and view enrollment related news items.
- Enrollment submissions are processed in the order received.
- Enrollment of new students for the 2023-2024 school year begins in March 2023.
Current BSD Families: Did you move over the summer? In the event of an emergency, it is important that the school district has an up-to-date address for your student(s). If you have moved, please submit a change of address form to SPResidency@bsd405.org. Please include the documents needed to establish residency.
New BSD Families: New students enrolling in the Bellevue School District in grades kindergarten through 12, should enroll in the designated school in their attendance area. The school in your attendance area is the one associated with your address. You may only enroll in a different school if you have received preapproval.
- All families must establish residency in the Bellevue School District as part of the enrollment process. After reviewing the Residency Checklist, if you need further assistance, please contact SPResidency@bsd405.org or call 425-456-4200.
- Your enrollment will be complete when all the documents have been received. If you are unable to provide residency documents – there are other options.
- Need to enroll in preschool? Please visit our Preschool page.
- Have questions? Visit our Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions page
please check settings.
12011 NE 1st Street
Bellevue, WA 98005
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Bellevue School District. We serve about 20,000 students in 29 schools. Our students live in Bellevue and the smaller surrounding communities of Clyde Hill, Medina, Hunts Point, Yarrow Point and Beaux Arts, plus portions of Issaquah, Kirkland, Newcastle, Redmond and unincorporated King County.
In order to enroll in our schools students must be physically living within the Bellevue School District attendance boundaries, students living in nearby school districts may enroll if they have an approved interdistrict transfer.
PLEASE READ before starting your enrollment –
Please ensure you upload all required documents listed on the enrollment page (For residency: a residency verification form & documents to prove residency. For enrollment: the enrollment packet & immunization form; and additionally only for kindergarten or 1st grade students, a birth certificate or passport is required for enrollment).
If you do not provide all the necessary documents your student’s enrollment will be delayed. If all required documents have not been submitted, your student’s enrollment submission will be put on hold until we can contact you and you provide the missing documents.
Please do not email us to verify that your documents have been received. We are processing enrollments as quickly as possible and this will only delay the process. Submissions will be processed in the order received.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
New Student enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year will begin March 1, 2022.
New student enrollment documents for the 2022-2023 school year will not be accepted until March 1st. This is notification that if you submit 2022-2023 enrollment documents to the secure portal your submission will be closed automatically without review. When the enrollment process for 2022-2023 has been determined a link will be provided here with enrollment instructions for the upcoming school year.
Enroll Your New Student for the Current School Year (2021-2022):
Visit our Enroll Your Student page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which school will my student attend?
Students in the district are assigned to an attendance area school based on their home address. Visit our Find Your School page to find your school. And remember, you are guaranteed enrollment at your attendance area school.
Can I attend a different school?
Each year we allow district families to submit an application for a school that is not their attendance area school; this is called Open Transfer. We also have a selection of Choice Schools and enroll entry level students from across the district through a lottery process.
If your student has been accepted to a school through open transfer, to a choice school or program (Big Picture, International, Jing Mei, Puesta del Sol or the Spanish Dual Language Program) or to the Advanced Learning Program, your student’s place at the assigned school is secure provided you go through the entire enrollment process, including establishing residency. This applies to all grade levels.
How do I enroll my student?
- Review the instructions on collecting your documents to establish residency, completing the enrollment packet and immunization form.
- Save all required residency documents and enrollment forms to the same folder on your computer. If any required documents are missing, it will delay the enrollment of your student.
- Upload all required documents to the secure portal. On the submission page, input the information requested in each field, upload your documents and select submit.