The Community Engagement committee – a joint venture of the Bellevue Schools Foundation, PTSA, and Bellevue School District – hosted the Alphabet Soup event on March 26. This event educated parents about the different programs, as well as the difference between programs, that are available for Bellevue School District students.Read More
Advanced Learning Services
Advanced Learning Services provide identified students with academic services at an advanced level and accelerated pace due to their ability to comprehend and process information. Services provide instruction in the core content areas of language arts, social studies, science and math. Instruction is designed to meet students’ cognitive and academic needs at the appropriate level.
We provide services to students who live within the BSD attendance area, who are currently enrolled in a BSD school, and who have been identified as in need of advanced learning services.
Students identified as in need of self-contained services may attend the self-contained program where they are placed in classes with like ability peers at Cherry Crest, Medina, Somerset, Spiritridge, Odle, Tyee, and Interlake. Students may also choose to remain at their neighborhood or choice school and receive differentiated instruction in a general education classroom.
Students identified as in need of K-1 Services or Domain Specific Services (K-2) remain in their neighborhood or choice school and receive differentiated instruction and extended learning in specific content areas.
Students attending a BSD school through an inter-district transfer are only eligible to receive differentiated services at the school for which the transfer applies.
1st Grade – 11th Grade
- September – October: Apply for Winter Advanced Learning Testing. Only students who live within the Bellevue School District service area may apply.
- End of October: Deadline for Winter Advanced Learning Testing applications
- December – January: Winter Advanced Learning Testing
- Beginning of March: Result letters for BSD students in grades 5 – 11 and private school students in grades 1 – 11
- Mid-April: Result letters for BSD students in grades 1 – 4
- May – mid-July: Apply for Summer Advanced Learning Testing. Only students who have moved into the district after the October deadline may apply.
- Mid-July: Deadline for Summer Advanced Learning Testing applications
- End of July: Summer Advanced Learning Testing
Did you know the Bellevue School District has a Teaching and Learning Department? The Teaching and Learning Department is comprised of administrators and teacher leaders who support learning across the Bellevue School District to promote high quality instruction, student well-being, and exceptional staff.Read More
In response to the implementation of new service models and feedback from students, parents and staff, BSD’s Gifted Program will now be known as Advanced Learning Services.Read More