Community Truancy Board
The Community Truancy Board seeks to address the problem of truancy through the collaboration of school, court and community resource providers. The Truancy Board makes recommendations to students, parents and the school district with the goal of improving a student’s attendance record. The recommendations become part of an agreement between the student, parent and truancy board. The recommendation includes an agreement to attend school and may include other services or requirements as deemed necessary.
A Community Truancy Board member is a volunteer who is interested in and concerned about youth and believes that a community can and should respond to youth’s challenges. Board members serve on panels that interview students who are truant along with their parents in an effort to identify reasons for the student’s failure to attend school.
We ask our members to commit to being part of a fixed panel of four to six volunteers assigned to a week of the month to meet with a new family and to follow up and review the progress of previously seen students. Truancy board meetings begin in late September and are held every Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. -5:30 p.m. at Sammamish High School.
Join the Truancy Board
We are always seeking interested community members who would like to be a part of the the Community Truancy Board. If you are interested in participating as a volunteer or have any questions regarding the role, please contact Nahyeli Mendivil at email@example.com or (425) 456-4215.Download Application
- Advisory Committees
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- Inactive Committees
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program
- Community Advisory Groups
- Community Partners
- Community Truancy Board
- Parent Groups