My staff and I are so excited for school to start and look forward to welcoming each and every student and family to Cherry Crest Elementary! Find below loads of helpful information to ensure a great start to school.
Dusty Steere, Principal Cherry Crest Elementary
- Health and Safety
- Cherry Crest and BSD follow directives from the Washington Department of Health proscribing how to open and operate school in a safe and effective manner.
- This includes employing “The Big 9” mitigating measures such as masking, hand washing, physical distancing, contact tracing, testing, ventilation and more.
- For more information, please review the slide deck and meeting recording from the Parent Information Meetings on 8/24 posted on our school website. https://bsd405.org/cherrycrest/2021/08/2021-22-parent-information-sessions
- Getting to and from School
- Review the Arrival and Student Waiting Areas slides from the parent info session.
- Driving to school? Please review and follow Cherry Crest’s Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures.
- Riding the bus? Find your bus route
- Make sure your child knows how they are getting home: bus, pickup, walk, etc.
- Getting home: Review the Dismissal and Parent Pickup slides from the parent info session.
- Students can bring their own lunch or buy at school (even on the first day).
- There is NO CHARGE for school meals during the 2021-2022 school year! Learn More (PDF)
- School Supplies
- As a result of virtual instruction last year and limited use of school supplies, it is not necessary for families or students to purchase or provide any bulk school supplies. Instead, the school will provide all basic school supplies through the year. Your child’s teacher may make individual requests for unique, personal, or nonstandard items.
- 2nd and 5th grade has made some specific requests School Supplies List
- First Day Parent Meet & Greet + PTSA Welcome
- Following morning drop-off on the first day of school, parents are invited to the north side of the school to make new friends or catch up with old ones. Principals Steere and Stedman will be present along with leaders from the PTSA.
- When: 8:00 am September 1 for Grades 1 – 5 & September 3 for Kindergarten
- Where: Walk around the north side of the school (toward the field) and find us on the blacktop between the cafe and the playground.
- Kindergarten Conferences
- The first day of class for Kindergarten is on Friday, September 3rd with WaKids Family Connection Conferences taking place on Wednesday and Thursday (September 1 & 2).
- Please ensure that you have signed up for a WaKids conference via the SignUp Genius link shared in the class placement email shared on Friday 8/27.
- If you have questions about Kindergarten please reach out to assistant principal Erin Stedman
Please remember to regularly visit the Cherry Crest & PTSA websites for the most current information.
September 1 First Day of School for grades 1 – 5
September 3 1st day of school for kindergarten
September 6 Labor Day – No School
September 10 Virtual Principal Coffee @ 8:30 am Join Via Teams
September 14 PTSA General Meeting @ 7:00 pm (virtual meeting – link in Charger Chatter)
September 27 Cherry Crest Curriculum Night @ 6 pm (virtual event – details forthcoming)
October 12 School Picture Day
Stay informed. The PTSA’s e-newsletter, Charger Chatter is a good source to lookout for current information. The Charger Chatter comes out weekly and contains important information about both school and PTSA events. If you are not receiving the Charger Chatter and would like to, you can sign up here. (Subscribe on right hand side of page).
First Day of School Photos. “Hey, parents and students! Share your #BSDSchoolSpirit on your #BSDFirstDay of school with us! Take a photo wearing your school spirit wear or colors and share the photo with us. Tag us on social media or email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we may post them on our website and social media.”
2021-22 Official Notices for District Families. Find linked below the 2021-22 BSD Official Notices including our Weapons Policy, Truancy Notice and Student Video/Photo Form preventing the use of photographs and/or videotapes of students. Per district policy these notices and documents must be shared with all district families. Hard copies of these policies and forms are also available in the Cherry Crest main office.