Special Education Family Resource Series-Strategies to Promote Positive Behavior Elementary Session
- Easter, also called Resurrection Sunday, is one of the most important days of Christianity. It marks the Resurrection of Jesus three days after his death by crucifixion. For many Christians, Easter is the joyful end to the Lenten season of fasting and penitence.
- Good Friday is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum.
- Palm Sunday is a Christian celebration that originates from the palm branches waved by the crowd to greet and honor Jesus as he entered Jerusalem on the Sunday before Easter.
- Also known as the Festival of Colors, Holi is largely celebrated across India and marks the shift from winter to spring and the triumph of good over evil.
- Purim is a Jewish holiday celebrated by reading the Book of Esther, exchanging gifts and partaking in a celebratory meal.
Naw-Rúz, Persian for ‘New Day’
- Considered one of the holiest months for followers of the Muslim faith, Ramadan honors the revelation of the Qu’ran. During Ramadan many Muslims fast from food and drink during sunlit hours as a way to draw closer to God and build upon spiritual values and practices.