Odle Middle School National Junior Honor Society
In Winter 2023 Odle Middle School formed a chapter of National Junior Honor Society.
What is National Junior Honor Society?
Since 1929, the National Junior Honor Society has been recognizing the highest achieving students in middle school. Modeled after its well-known high school program, the National Honor Society, the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a national organization one of the highest honors that can be awarded to a middle school student because of their academic achievements and commitment to school and community service.
Each March Odle Middle School’s National Junior Honor Society invites potential members.
What are membership expectations?
The National Junior Honor Society strives to recognize the total student—one who excels in scholarship, leadership, service, character and citizenship.
For our NJHS chapter to be effective and meaningful, each member must:
- Maintain a 3.7 GPA as calculated by the Bellevue School District during each quarter following acceptance into the Odle Middle School National Junior Honor Society.
- Complete 8 hours of service on your own to our school and/or our community during a membership year*
- Participate in 1 chapter school service project during a membership year.
- Uphold the behavioral standards of Odle Middle School as defined in the school handbook.
- Uphold the 5 ideals of the National Junior Honor Society: scholarship, leadership, service, character and citizenship
*(Membership Year= Spring Semester + Summer + Fall Semester)
How does a student become a member?
Students are invited to become a member each March after the first semester grades are posted.
Invited candidates submit a Candidate Information Form (that is delivered to them at school) to be considered for membership. Invited students submit the candidate information form to chapter advisor, Mrs. Black, in room 233 or the main office by Friday, March 24, 2023, at 4pm. No late forms will be accepted.
If accepted into NJHS a student remains a member during their middle school years provided they adhere to the 5 membership expectations outlined above.
If accepted into the Odle chapter of NJHS you will be informed on Monday, March 27, 2023, via a letter delivered to the student candidate during school.
OMS NJHS will have an induction ceremony and first quarterly meeting on Friday, March 31, 2023, during Activity Time.
Questions? If you have any questions, please visit Mrs. Black in room 233 or email her at email@example.com.