Hello Phantom Lake families!
My name is Alysia Carey and I am Phantom Lake’s school counselor. I have been a counselor since 2003, and no other school has captured my heart like Phantom Lake. I feel incredibly fortunate to serve as the counselor for students, families, and teachers at PLE!
Would you like to make an appointment?
If your child would like to make an appointment with me, they can either ask their teacher, or put a note in my “Counselor Mailbox” that is on the table next to Ms. Shawna in the Main Office.
Bellevue School District Counseling Beliefs
- As professional school counselors, we are advocates and resources for students, staff, and families;
- It is necessary to collaborate with students, families, community members, and other educators to promote equity and access for all students;
- School counselors are agents for systemic improvement;
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will prepare them for success in meeting their life goals.
- Goal Setting
- Small Group Activities
- Grief Support
- Friendship Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Classroom Presentations
- Participation in Individual Education Program (IEP) planning
- Development and implementation of 504 plans
- Consultation with teachers, admin, para-professionals, outside therapists & doctors
- Referrals local Counseling and Mental Health agencies
Counseling & Mental Health Resources
As a professional school counselor, I will always work to maintain the confidentiality of the students with whom I work on a daily basis. There are exceptions required by state or federal law to our limits of confidentiality, however, including but not limited to the following scenarios: if the student presents danger to him or herself, if the student presents danger to others, if the student has been abused by others, or if required to do so by court order. School counselors are bound by state and federal law to release information in various situations, and I will do so to protect our students and to remain legally compliant and ethical in my professional duties.