A quick summary of Tillicum attendance procedures:
* Always email [email protected] or call 425-456-6708 to pick up your student early, if they are arriving late, or if they will not be in school.
* If you are planning trips, vacations and family events and your student will be missing school they must pick up a prearranged absence form and get it back to the Attendance Office before the absence or it will be unexcused. We can excuse up to 5 days of absences a year but you need to fill out the form.
Specifics on Tillicum attendance procedures:
REPORT AN ABSENCE, LATE ARRIVAL, OR EARLY DISMISSAL:
- Parent emails [email protected] , calls 425-456-6708 or sends a note with their student.
- Include student name, date(s) of absence, period(s) missed, and reason for absence and arrival or departure time.
- If the Attendance Office was not told prior to the absence, excuses must be received within 2 days to be excused.
- If a student needs to leave during the school day, a parent or guardian must email or call the attendance office to let them know of the early dismissal. A dismissal pass will be delivered to the student authorizing the student’s early dismissal.
- Student must be signed out at the office before leaving school by a person authorized for release of their student including during passing periods.
- If a student becomes ill while at school, the student reports to the health room and waits for staff to receive parent approval/arrival for early dismissal.
- Parents are discouraged from arriving at school without a prior call or email for an immediate pick-up unless it is an emergency.
- Students will not be released for an immediate pick-up during the last 15 minutes of the school day.
LATE ARRIVAL OR RETURN DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- Student enters school building at the front entrance.
- Student signs in at the attendance office before going to class, including during passing periods.
- Parents must email, call or send a note with their student with an excusable reason for their tardiness in order for the tardy to be excused. Parents do not need to sign in their student if notice was sent to the school.
FOR ABSENCES TO BE EXCUSED:
- A doctor note is required for:
- Absences that are longer than 5 consecutive days
- Medical appointments if arriving late to school and a parent/guardian has not called in the absence.
- Excusals must be received no later than 2 school days after the date of absence.
Reason for missing class must meet the guidelines in procedure 3122P. See the table below for some examples:
|EXAMPLES OF TYPES OF ABSENCES
|Medical or Dental Appointment
|Outside activities such as sports
|Family Emergency (death in family)
|Spending class time in school areas such as the library, Commons, or hallways without teacher approval
|Leaving campus without approval
|Legal related issues (immigration proceedings etc.)
|Errands, shopping, personal grooming
|Parent requested absences – if prearranged and approved