- Cornell University method for note-taking. Widely regarded as the most effective strategy. Based on research on memory and grade performance.
- Cornell Notes Blank Sheet
- Focused Note-Taking: Comprehensive lesson in a variety of note-taking strategies.
- Guide to Selecting the Appropriate format for Note-Taking
- Scientifically Proven—Nine Best Tips for Getting the Most from Study Time
- Watch short video here with your student. Plan together how to step up to this best practices.
- The Key to Reading for Class Watch Here
- The Best Weekly Routine (Originally developed for new college students, but the structure and method work well for high school as well.) Watch Here
- SMART Goals—Planning for Growth Builds Learning Skills & Grades Every Semester
- What went well? This brief pause can set your student up to thrive while they problem-solve
- Notice, Name, Navigate: Helping your student develop critical thinking & problem solving to manage stress & to succeed in school & beyond
- Internet: 5 Steps to help your student learn to judge internet sources
- Make decisions & solve problems: Approaches to assessing and analyzing information (Helpful in approaching any problem or decision)
- Rigor & knowing your views: Help students learn with intellectual rigor, emotional engagement, and ethical reflection, and come to understand that their own views and choices matter
- Child Mind Institute maintains a library of videos to help families understand anxiety and help their student learn to manage stress.
- How to help your student with executive function skills (organization & time management)
- Tools to help your student master organization & time management
- Applying critical thinking skills to real life situations
**All Bellevue schools will be closed Monday, February 19-Friday, February 23.**
View the District Calendar