The Guaranteed Admissions Program supports a college-going culture and guaranteed admission efforts at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, The Evergreen State College, Washington …Read More
College & Career Center
- College Recruiters: See Naviance for details of college recruiter visits to Newport.
- College & Career Center in our library open to student drop in before, during & after school.
- Family Appointments: email Fabian Rios, our College & Career Advisor.
- Begin your planning ASAP: Start as early as 9th grade. Start with our free research and planning software, Naviance. Students and parents have logins, but the student account gives greater access. The student login is meant to be shared with family. If you need help with your login, contact our Counseling Secretary Mai-Tram Huynh.
- Use the Workbook: Review the College Knowledge workbook (described in a blog post below) for an overview and grade-by-grade checklist.
- Video and other guides to using Naviance, completing admissions and financial aid applications, visiting college campuses and more are included in the blog posts below and on the College Planning page.
- Naviance Update: District expands family access to Naviance
The Newport High School College and Career Center provides students and families expert guidance and access to current information and resources on college and career planning.
Offering a variety of services from registration for WANIC career courses and resume workshops to college visits and scholarship information, we will guide you as you plan for your future.
Finding a well-suited path toward your future and checking off all the necessary preparations is a four-year process. Students should begin in 9th Grade to visit the College & Career Center early and often.
No student should decide that college is out of reach or not for them until they work with us.
We have special expertise to help students whose families attended college outside the United States or students who hope to be the first in their family to attend college.
We can help students start with exploration and information. Then we will guide them through the steps necessary toward their dreams.
Scroll to the end of this page for a variety of posts to help you get started.
2022 Bellevue Schools Career Talks
- March Career Talks: Making Cents Out of Business Part 2
- March Career Talks: Making Cents Out of Business Part 1
- January Career Talks: Moving Forward with Sound Transit
- December Career Talks: Careers that Impact our Environment
- November Career Talks: Careers with Digital Impact Part 2
- November Career Talks: Careers with Digital Impact Part 1
- October Career Talks: A Pulse on Healthcare Part 2
- October Career Talks: A Pulse on Healthcare Part 1
- September Career Talks: Lights, Camera Action!
College & Career Advisor
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The College & Career Advisor does NOT endorse any organization/event. The following resources are provided as an informational service only. It is strongly recommended that every participant, as well as parent or guardian, research the organization thoroughly before participating, to be certain it is an appropriate fit.
This online class is a great opportunity to improve writing fundamentals, read and analyze text and use that analysis to …Read More
College recruiters matter if your student has their sights set on a particular college. These knowledgeable counselors can help your …Read More
For the past two years we have been experimenting with Amazon Cloud Foundations labs in our CCNP class. This year …Read More
College admissions is a stressful process for everyone involved, especially our students. Amy Mezulis, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist …Read More
Colin Diver’s new book, Breaking Ranks: How the Ranking Industry Rules Higher Education and What To Do About It, describes …Read More
If you need an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, you can find it in Synergy under the Documents tab.
If an electronic copy of …Read More
Watch this two-minute video to understand two types of skills students need now & later.
Advanced placement courses accomplish three important …Read More
Transcripts for College Applications:
Transcripts will be sent to colleges beginning in October. Students may request them at any time.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) gives students experience, knowledge & professional certificates.
Our district CTE courses give students access to dozens …Read More