Camp Sparkle, from Cancer Pathways (formerly Gilda’s Club Seattle), is a free summer day camp for children ages 6-12 who …Read More
Welcome to the NHS Counseling Center
Hello Newport students and families,
We understand that the district closure will cause many questions and confusion. We will be sharing more details about how we will support students during the closure through email in the near future. For now, please know that these are our top priorities:
- Your well-being– Please take this opportunity to practice healthy self-care. Invest in learning new techniques to manage stress. Finish make up work so that you feel caught up when we return.
- Your Future Plans–
- We will get your questions answered! More information will come about ways to connect with your counselor over the next few weeks.
- Classes for next year – we collected forms Thursday, March 12, 2020. If you did not turn in your form, you can send me a photo of it over email.
- Running Start – register on the BC website
- Summer School – registration opens on April 27th, 2020.
- Outside Learning – This process can take up to 8 weeks for approval. Here are the steps:
- Go to OSPI’s website to find approved online courses and providers.
- Filliable Request Form, fill out both pages including your and parent’s signatures, then email it to your counselor. We will then get administrator approval and send the form to the district office for processing.
- Wait for the decision and approval form to be emailed to you.
- If the course is approved, complete the course.
- Once completed, bring the transcript to Ms. Aldridge in the Counseling Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you complete it before the end of this school year or bring it to Taking Care of Business Day in the fall.
- How you can contact your counselor:
- Email – we will work to answer your questions on email
- Schedule an appointment and we’ll join through Teams
We will email you with more information as it becomes available.
Stay strong and take care of yourselves and those around you
|Student Last Name||Counselor|
|A — CL||Laura Kleinemail@example.com|
|CO — HS||Heather Ericksonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|HU — LI||Christine Nuttersemail@example.com|
|LIA — PA||Tania Maxfieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PE — TE||Karen Schulzemail@example.com|
|TH — Z||Emilie Bosonefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Ms. Aldridge, Counseling Secretary email@example.com
Carla B. Vendeland Scholarship Application Deadline – 5/22/20
In 1987, Newport High School parent Carla Vendeland created the PTSA Knight Valor …Read More
Knight Valor Hour Approval Deadline – 5/22/20
Knight Valor is a Newport High School PTSA program designed to recognize students who …Read More
May 2nd & 3rd, Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
Vegfest is coming up on May 2nd & 3rd! Vegetarians of Washington …Read More
2020 Service Learning opportunities available at:
July 4th Fireworks at Lake Union
July 11th Milk Carton Derby at Greenlake
July 19 Seafair Triathlon …Read More
Academic Running Start Equivalencies
CTE Fine Art Running Start Equivalencies
2019-2020 Letter of Rec Packet for use with Private Colleges
2019-2020 NHS School Profile
At Camp Kindness Counts they believe in the power of kindness and the power that kids and families have to …Read More