Newport Children’s School is up the hill from Newport High School. They are looking for a cheerleader, a chess team …Read More
Watch Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th Grade Information Sessions on YouTube.
Welcome to the NHS Counseling Center
Hello Newport students and families,
The Newport Counseling Center is closed for the summer. We will be returning in the end of August to get ready for the school year.
In the interim, this information may help:
EMERGENCY SUPPORT RESOURCES:
- Summer Emergency School Meals Program: English, Spanish, Chinese
- COVID-19 Community Resources in English, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean
- Rental Assistance 4.10.2020
- Helping Teens Cope with COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Red Cross Resources
- Nursing and Mental Health Hotlines
For additional supports, visit: Parent & Student Resources
- Remote Summer School All classes are remote and only for credit recovery (previous F grade). After June 19th, please book an appointment with the Summer School Counselor to get the registration code. Book an appointment Here
- Outside Learning –
- Go to OSPI’s website to find approved online courses and providers.
- Filliable Request Form, fill out both pages including your and parent’s signatures, then email it to your counselor. We will then get administrator approval and send the form to the district office for processing. Instructions
- Wait for the decision and approval form to be emailed to you.
- If the course is approved, complete the course.
- Once completed, email the transcript to Ms. Aldridge (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you complete it before the end of this school year or bring it to Taking Care of Business Day in the fall.
- Running Start – register on the BC website
- For rising seniors : College Application Information
- Bring Up Middle School Grades
- Earn PE Credits
- Newport Student Wellness Resources
- Signs Of Suicide Information for Parents
- Warning signs of child behaviors
NHS RESOURCES for Class of 2020:
A. NHS School Profile: 2019-2020
B. High School Beyond Plan (coming soon)
|Student Last Name||Counselor|
|A — CL||Laura Kleinemail@example.com|
|CO — HS||Heather Ericksonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|HU — LI||Christine Nuttersemail@example.com|
|LIA — PA||Tania Maxfieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PE — TE||Karen Schulzemail@example.com|
|TH — Z||Emilie Bosonefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Ms. Aldridge, Counseling Secretary email@example.com
Camp Sparkle, from Cancer Pathways (formerly Gilda’s Club Seattle), is a free summer day camp for children ages 6-12 who …Read More
2020 Service Learning opportunities available at:
July 4th Fireworks at Lake Union
July 11th Milk Carton Derby at Greenlake
July 19 Seafair Triathlon …Read More
Academic Running Start Equivalencies
CTE Fine Art Running Start Equivalencies
2019-2020 NHS School Profile
At Camp Kindness Counts they believe in the power of kindness and the power that kids and families have to …Read More
Saturday volunteer ecological restoration events
Depending on the season, volunteers remove invasive weeds, plant native trees/shrubs, or maintain a native …Read More
Bellevue Schools Foundation’s “SPRING FOR SCHOOLS” is an inspirational, informative & entertaining benefit luncheon that raises funds each year to support educational …Read More
Purrfect Pals cat adoption room in Issaquah Petsmart
Volunteer 2 hours a week and improve the lives of shelter cats!
At the …Read More