Are you the one that everyone turns to with questions?
Do you enjoy supporting others with helpful information?
If you are a person who likes to stay connected to friends and neighbors with information that supports them, WE NEED YOU! Join us as a volunteer Information Ambassador.
We would support you with a short virtual meeting (20-30 minutes) once or twice a month when you could ask your questions and bring questions AND concerns from others. You also could communicate with me via email between meetings. (Phone is hard since our staff is with students most of the day.
After these calls, we hope you will use your voice to help others become more knowledgeable about
- how high school works,
- how to support students,
- where to turn for help,
- and so much more.
You could be in charge of how you make yourself available, but it would be most helpful if we could give parents an email or social media connection where they could reach you.
What’s most important is that you want to learn more and work at passing that information on to others.
And, we hope to recruit individuals that fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Member of a Newport parent social media group (such as, WeChat, Facebook, etc.)
- Speak a language other than English, but you do not need to be a confident English speaker. We hope you will ask questions so that you understand, and then pass along information in another language.
- Attended high school OUTSIDE the United States or outside Washington state.
- Belong to a Athletics, Music or Clubs booster group at Newport.
- Have already graduated a student from Newport.
- Consider yourself well-informed about Newport.
- Consider yourself knowledgeable or well connected to some segment of our community.
- Work in a job connected to
- College Admissions,
- Mental Health,
- Adolescent Development,
- Teen Parenting,
- Career Development or Human Resources,
- Community Service, or
- any area of typical parent interest.
- Or, some other characteristic or interest that you think will support our community.
If you are interested, please reply to this email to get on our list. Ask your questions about this role and tell us just a few words about yourself relative to the notes above.
For those who respond, we’ll plan a virtual meeting in early October to start answering your questions about this role and any questions you can bring us from the community.