CLASS of 2022
- 5/26/2021 College Application Overview for Juniors Spring 2021
- 6/01/2021 Video for College Application Overview for Juniors
College & Beyond Plan
Support for Applications
Senior lesson: College Application Process
- Enter the code SEMFO to access the class here.
- The video references Naviance tutorials here.
- Town Hall Q & A
Senior Blitz Appointment
Counselors will meet with each senior for a brief (15 minute) discussion about graduation requirements and post high school plans. We will help you with your next steps and give you helpful resources.
BEFORE your appointment, please:
- Watch the Senior Lesson in Teams
- Complete the Senior Blitz form found in the Class of 2021 Team
- Book your appointment with your counselor.
- How to match your Common App and Naviance accounts
- How to request a fee waiver for Common App
- Naviance – Sign in with Clever
- Transcripts – All students need to list their colleges in “Colleges I’m Applying To” and request initial transcripts. Your counselor will send out your transcript with letter of recommendation (if required) by your first application deadline. Ms. Aldridge will send your transcript to all non-private schools within one week after your requests.
- How to request a Teacher Letter of Recommendation in Naviance
- Complete the following documents:
- Counselor Questionnaire – provide interesting, unique details that will help us write a rich letter.
- Teacher feedback form for Counselor LOR.
- College application list & deadline.
- Parent “brag sheet” (recommended, not required).
- Upload a resume (example is posted in the Class of 2021 Team & in 2020-2021 LOR packet for Private Colleges).
- Email completed 2021-22 Letter of Rec Packet for Private Colleges to counselor 3 weeks prior to your first deadline.
- Submit the Signed BSD FERPA Waiver. This is a different FERPA from the Common App.
Essay Help & College Visits
- Essay help – Email your essay to Fabian Rios (email@example.com) and he will have one of the College Corps volunteers provide feedback.
- How to Write a Great “Why This College” Essay *
- How to Write a Great Extracurricular Essay *
* Enter “Parent” in the Name bar, leave the Optional bar blank.
NACAC College Fairs – Sign up to attend virtual college fairs
Naviance College Virtual Visits – check out the list of college reps that will meet with NHS students in Naviance
- Transcripts for College Applications:
- Transcripts will be submitting to colleges beginning in October. Students may request them at any time.
- Your counselor will send out your transcript with letter of recommendation (if required) to all common app schools by your first application deadline.
- Ms. Aldridge will send your transcript to all non-private schools within one week after your requests.
- Make sure you turn in the BSD FERPA Waiver to Ms. Aldridge
- Transcripts for coaches, scholarships, NCAA, etc. please email Ms. Aldridge
College Application Presentations & Resources
- College Match Self Survey
- Resources Guides on preparing for and going to college
- Preparing for College Guide & Workbook
- Going to College with IEP
- 2/2021 Running Start Info – NHS 2021
- Running Start and Community/Tech Colleges
- College Application Process 101 *
- Choosing a College that Fits You *
- Paying for College – The Basics (Video)
- Paying for College — The Basics (PowerPoint) **