Jamie has worked at Big Picture since 2011. Previously, she worked at Interlake High School, Stevenson Elementary and Newport High School. She has a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Washington and a Masters of Arts in Counseling from Seattle University.
Anne Marie Jones
Anne Marie is coming to Big Picture after working in the Bellevue School District for the past 2 years between both Enatai and Clyde Hill Elementary Schools. She is excited to join such a dedicated, collaborative and caring staff at Big Picture School and making a shift back to working with middle school students this year. She has a Masters in Counseling from Seattle University (GO REDHAWKS) and is a native Seattleite!
She is at Big Picture part time hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:45-2:15, and Fridays from 7:45-2:45.
If you have a conflict with another student, peer mediation may be the answer! Conflicts can include being in a fight with a friend, another student talking about you to other students, or even being annoyed by someone else’s behavior. Peer mediation is a great approach when something has been going on for a while and isn’t getting better. Peer mediation is problem solving by students, with students. It is a process by which two or more students involved in a conflict meet in a private, safe and confidential setting to work out problems with the assistance of a trained student mediator.
To request a mediation, complete the Peer Mediation Request Form, and email or drop off a paper copy to Jamie AND Anne Marie (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). The form is linked above or in the office. Jamie or Anne Marie will review the request and schedule the mediation.
- Superintendent’s Message
- Bellevue Police Message English-Spanish
- Spanish FAQ on Immigration Status 2017
- English FAQ on Immigration Status 2017
Student & Family Resources
- King County Health & Human Services
- How to Get Your Kid to Talk about What Happened at School
- The Power of Vulnerability
- Listening to Shame
- Parenting Therapists in Bellevue, Washington
- Supportive Questions and Deep Listening
- Feelings and Needs
- Amy Lang’s Birds and Bees and Kids – Facebook feed and books
- Advocates for Youth – Website for parent resources on their role as their teens first and primary sexuality educators
- Planned Parenthood – Website for teens to get facts
- Teaching Tolerance – Website with many good article especially on gender
- Educate Empower Kids – encourage deep connection with their kids through media education, meaningful family communication and intentional parenting
- All About Consent – Consent and why it’s so important
- Child Mind Institute – An independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children struggling with mental health and learning disorders.
- Understood.org – for learning and attention issues
- Scarleteen.com – Sex Ed for the Real World
- Sex Needs a New Metaphor – TED.com
- Separation and Loss Services at Virginia Mason
- National Eating Disorder Association