If you are interested in discovering what it takes to be a working sound designer in the video game and …Read More
College & Career Center
Interlake’s College & Career Center provides students and parents with access to current information and resources on college and career planning. Offering a variety of services from registration for WaNIC courses and resume workshops to college visits and career exploration through community service, we will be your guide as you plan for your future.
ATTENTION: College Representatives
If you are interested in scheduling a college visits, please register via RepVisits. Please contact our College and Career Advisor for any questions. Thank you.
Upcoming College Visits
All Fall College Visits can be found on Naviance. College Visits are located in the library unless otherwise announced.
CTE courses @ IHS
Interlake offers students a variety of CTE programs. Take time to browse the many courses via the CTE link above. Along with numerous career pathway opportunities, most of the CTE courses allow students to earn college credit through Tech Prep CC (see Tech Prep CC link below). CTE also offers several advanced level WaNIC courses providing intensive training in specific areas of study (see WaNIC link below). Please contact the Career Specialist with any questions you may have.
WaNIC courses @ IHS
Below is a list of WaNIC courses available to IHS students. Students register for these courses through the Career Specialist starting in February.
ARTS, MEDIA, COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
- Film & Video Production (Media Production)
- Production Graphics & Graphic Design
- Radio/TV Broadcasting Technology
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Event Planning, Hospitality & Tourism
- International Entrepreneurship
- Sports & Entertainment Management/Marketing
ENGINEERING, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Automotive Technology
- Composite Engineering & Manufacturing
- Construction Trades
- DigiPen Robotics & Future Technologies
- Environmental Horticulture (Advanced)
- Sustainable Engineering & Design
- Welding Technology, Design & Fabrication
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- American Sign Language
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Careers
- Fire & EMS
- Health Science Careers (Nursing)
- Medical Science
- Sports Medicine
- Teaching Academy
- CISCO Networking Academy
- DigiPen Animation Academy (AP Studio Art)
- DigiPen Video Game Programming (AP)
WaNIC SUMMER SKILLS ACADEMY
- Culinary Creations
- Dynamic DNA
- Health Careers Exploration
- Computer Science & Engineering
- DigiPen Art & Animation
- DigiPen Cyber Security
- DigiPen Game Programming
- DigiPen Robotics
- DigiPen Video Game Development
- Radio/TV Broadcasting
- Rock Your Ride – Mobile Electronics
- STEM Guitar Building
For more information, click on the WaNIC link above or contact Miss. Tracy J Gasca
Tech Prep courses @ IHS
Did you know IHS students can earn college credit while in high school? It’s called “dual credit.” Dual credit can be earned for most CTE courses through Tech Prep. The following IHS courses are eligible for dual credit when students earn a B or better.
- Accounting 1 AND 2
- AP Computer Science
- Computer Graphics/Design
- Digital Video/Audio 1 or 2
- Environmental Horticulture
- IB Business and Management
- Intro to Computer Prgm
- Marketing and Business
- Msft Office Core or Expert
- must pass certification
- Technical Theater
- Urban Horticultural
- Web Publishing
- Welding/Metals Fabrication
- All WaNIC courses
Registration takes place December through June. For more information, click on the Tech Prep link above or contact the Career Specialist.
Stressed about paying for college? Click the Scholarship button for important sites about Financial Aid.
Interested in Military careers? Visit todays.military.com for more information and resources for students and parents about joining, training, working and living in all the military branches – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.