College & Career Center
Interlake’s College & Career Center provides students and parents with access to current information and resources on college and career planning. Offering a variety of services from registration for WaNIC courses and resume workshops to college visits and career exploration through community service, we will be your guide as you plan for your future.
WANIC Registration for School Year 2018-19
If you are interested in registering for a program at Interlake HS, Bellevue HS, Sammamish HS or Newport HS – you will register during school registration time. Please see Miss Tracy J Gasca to pick up additional paperwork.
If you are interested in registering for a program at DigiPen, Lake WA Tech, Issaquah HS, Bothell HS, Skyline HS, or any other location – you are able to register online now via wanic.lwsd.org – click here to register.
ATTENTION: College Representatives
If you are interested in scheduling a college visits, please register via RepVisits. Please contact our College and Career Advisor for any questions. Thank you.
CTE courses @ IHS
Interlake offers students a variety of CTE programs. Take time to browse the many courses via the CTE link above. Along with numerous career pathway opportunities, most of the CTE courses allow students to earn college credit through Tech Prep CC (see Tech Prep CC link below). CTE also offers several advanced level WaNIC courses providing intensive training in specific areas of study (see WaNIC link below). Please contact the Career Specialist with any questions you may have.
WaNIC courses @ IHS
Below is a list of WaNIC courses available to IHS students. Students register for these courses through the Career Specialist starting in February.
ARTS, MEDIA, COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
- Film & Video Production (Media Production)
- Production Graphics & Graphic Design
- Radio/TV Broadcasting Technology
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Event Planning, Hospitality & Tourism
- International Entrepreneurship
- Sports & Entertainment Management/Marketing
ENGINEERING, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Automotive Technology
- Composite Engineering & Manufacturing
- Construction Trades
- DigiPen Robotics & Future Technologies
- Environmental Horticulture (Advanced)
- Sustainable Engineering & Design
- Welding Technology, Design & Fabrication
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- American Sign Language
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Careers
- Fire & EMS
- Health Science Careers (Nursing)
- Medical Science
- Sports Medicine
- Teaching Academy
- CISCO Networking Academy
- DigiPen Animation Academy (AP Studio Art)
- DigiPen Video Game Programming (AP)
WaNIC SUMMER SKILLS ACADEMY
- Culinary Creations
- Dynamic DNA
- Health Careers Exploration
- Computer Science & Engineering
- DigiPen Art & Animation
- DigiPen Cyber Security
- DigiPen Game Programming
- DigiPen Robotics
- DigiPen Video Game Development
- Radio/TV Broadcasting
- Rock Your Ride – Mobile Electronics
- STEM Guitar Building
For more information, click on the WaNIC link above or contact Miss. Tracy J Gasca
Tech Prep courses @ IHS
Did you know IHS students can earn college credit while in high school? It’s called “dual credit.” Dual credit can be earned for most CTE courses through Tech Prep. The following IHS courses are eligible for dual credit when students earn a B or better.
- Accounting 1 AND 2
- AP Computer Science
- Computer Graphics/Design
- Digital Video/Audio 1 or 2
- Environmental Horticulture
- IB Business and Management
- Intro to Computer Prgm
- Marketing and Business
- Msft Office Core or Expert
- must pass certification
- Technical Theater
- Urban Horticultural
- Web Publishing
- Welding/Metals Fabrication
- All WaNIC courses
Registration takes place December through June. For more information, click on the Tech Prep link above or contact the Career Specialist.
Stressed about paying for college? Click the Scholarship button for important sites about Financial Aid.
Interested in Military careers? Visit todays.military.com for more information and resources for students and parents about joining, training, working and living in all the military branches – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.
Career, Employment & Community Service Opportunities
- PNW Black College Fair 2018
UNCF Pacific Northwest Black College Fair in Seattle Washington
Date: November4, 2018
Location: Garfield High School (Quincy Jones Performing Arts Center)
For further information: https://www.uncf.org/events/event/2018-uncf-black-college-fair-seattle
- Boston University
Boston University will be hosting a reception in Seattle for high school juniors and seniors and their families. This is a wonderful opportunity for your students to learn more about BU and the college application process. We hope you will encourage your students and their families to attend and will share this information on Naviance. Please note that all students who plan to attend should RSVP on our website.
Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Seattle Public Library
1000 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Families should arrive approximately 30 minutes before the event for check-in.
- Performing & Visual Arts College Fair
NACAC’s Performing & Visual Arts College Fair which is taking place inSeattle on Tuesday, October 2. The fair, which will feature booths from over 100 universities, festivals, and conservatories, will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Fisher Pavilion at 200 Thomas Street.
Interested students are encouraged to register prior to arrival to skip the lines.
- Volunteers Needed for Bellevue Four on the 4th Dog Jog/Walk!
- Participants will be jogging or walking with their 4-legged friends on a 4k route through north Bellevue and volunteers are needed to keep them safely on their way as they march to the finish line and raise funds for Seattle Humane in Bellevue!
- Date: Friday, July 4th, 2018
- Location: Ashwood Park (next to Bellevue Library)
- Time: 8am – 11am
- T-Shirt included
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 453-311Lake Hills Summer Literacy Camp – July 9-Aug 3
Vibes Mentor Tutor Program – Summer School Orientation Information Training is required prior to volunteering for LHE Summer Literacy Camp. Vibes Application is Required and new applicants must attend 1 training session (training sessions start May 30th). Please see flyer for all the details. LHE Summer Literacy Camp 2018
- 2018 Bellevue Strawberry Festival June 23 -24th
- Volunteer for the Festival!
- Shifts are 3-4 hours long as greeters, booths, family fun area and more!
- Download Application Form online or click here
- For questions email email@example.com
- AP Institute Volunteers Needed from June 23rd to June 29th – you can earn up to 63 community service hours. Fill out the form and turn it into the counseling center (Ms. Miller or Mrs. Higgins). AP Institute Volunteer Form 2018
- Teach Kids to Code –
- teach anywhere from 3 to 10 hours each week.
- competitive compensation, ranging from $13-$20 per hour (depending on your skills and experience). With bonuses, new instructors can make about $30 per class and experienced instructors can reach $50 per class.
- We offer training opportunities as well, so you can start off light and grow your course load as you learn.
- Submit your CV and some examples of your code.
- Send your cover letter and resume to
- Jo-Ann Fabrics in Bellevue (Crossroads) is looking for seasonal team members!
- Chuck E. Cheese in Bellevue
They are hiring for multiple positions!Contact:
Rian Coffey – General Mgr
- Kumon Bel-Red Center is hiring Teacher Assistants (Bellevue)
- 2 – 3 days a week, 4:00- 7:00 (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday (10:00 – 1:00 pm).
- work w children grades K-12, correcting both Math and English worksheets
- Native English speaker with strong grammar skills and GPA of 3.60+ preferred.
- To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- Joey Restaurants Now Hiring!
- No Experience Necessary
- 18+ Years older
- Apply Here or Visit 800 Bellevue Way NEW Bellevue WA 98004
- 2018 K.E.P.T (Kids Environmental Project Training)
- Provides Bellevue youth w/ education, job skills, career development training in park resource management
- 30 hours week, 9am – 3:30pm Monday- Friday
- 06/29/18 – 8/24/2018
- Deadline: 5/31
- Apply Here
- Skyhawks Sports Academy
- Aerospace Camp Experience at The Museum of Flight
- Seasonal Camp Employment Opportunities including:
- ACE Lead Counselor
- ACE Assistant Lead Counselor
- ACE Counselor
- ACE Extended Care Specialist
- For job descriptions & application visit:
- Seasonal Camp Employment Opportunities including:
- Social Media Internship – Cirkled in
- Gain real-life company experience while earning monthly stipend
- Various Internship Positions open
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Pacific Science Center Lake WA Watershed Internship Program
- Become involved with your local community through mentoring, hands-on-learning and habit restoration and stream monitoring
- Two Cohorts during 2018-2019 school year
- Applications available
- Click Here for more information
- Deadline: September 20