Welcome to the Interlake Counseling Center
Important Information for Seniors
Senior Support at Interlake:
Greetings from the Interlake Counseling Center!
- Please check and access the Class of 2021 Teams Channel regularly. There are several channels with info that are updated regularly. We have a channels for College Essay Writing, the College Application process, Common Application tips, Financial Aid, Letters of Rec, Naviance Instructions and transcripts. This is the main source for resources and support for our Seniors. The Interlake Counseling page is also a great resource to bookmark.https://bsd405.org/interlake/counseling/college-planning/
- Essay Writing support: Seniors have the opportunity to sign up for one-one support for college essay writing over the next several weeks. Select teachers will be available during 8th period synchronous time on Tuesdays and Fridays. Seniors in the Advanced Learning Program have already had the one on one session with Ms. Calvert or Ms. Boness. Traditional Seniors were asked to fill out a survey to let us know if they are interested. The majority of Seniors have already had one on one meeting with their English teacher- however, this opportunity will allow more seniors to access individual support if desired. Students are also encouraged to use the College Essay team channel as a resource. the Alicia Williams, school counselor at Interlake is organizing these sessions, please reach out to her directly with questions or concerns. Williamsa@bsd405.org
- Drop in Teams Sessions for Seniors: Every Wednesday for the next month. Seniors are encouraged to drop into the Class of 2021 teams channel at Noon every Wednesday to ask questions or seek advice. We have enjoyed seeing seniors come by over the last several weeks and they are asking thoughtful questions! Please stop by today if you need help. Class of 2021 Team
- College and Career Advisor: Seniors are encouraged to connect with our wonderful College and Career specialist Mr. Jose Valdez https://bsd405.org/interlake/counseling/career-center/ He is a wonderful resources for planning a college application list, FAFSA or WAFSA and college essay support.
- Senior College Guidance Lesson over Teams If you have not watched the senior Guidance presentation- make a plan to watch. It can be accessed in the Class of 2021 Teams Channel Senior Guidance Video 2021. It must be accessed through the student Teams Account. We cover many topics related to 2 and 4 year college admission. Powerpoint Interlake Senior Guidance Sept 2020
- Senior Blitz appointments: The 6 Interlake Schools counselors are meeting with each of the 447 seniors at Interlake this fall. Please schedule your Senior Blitz appointment asap if you have not had it yet. Counselors will meet with each senior to finalize college application list, deadlines, transcripts, letter of recs and check over grad requirements. We provide dedicated time to focus on individual students and answer individual questions. Students can schedule the appointment using your counselors booking page or by reaching out to his or her counselor directly.
- Do you still want to look at your options? Are you still finalizing your list? Check out these Virtual College Fairs!
NACAC Virtual College Fairs: NACAC is hosting National College Fairs Nov. 8
Virtual Christian College Fairs – Live Event Nov. 5
Sincerely, Your Interlake Counseling Team
Meet with your Counselor
Students are more than welcome to visit the Counseling Center for walk-in appointments every day before school, during lunches and during tutorial for quick questions. We encourage students to make their own appointments and meet with their counselors to address any questions or concerns they may have.
|COUNSELOR||STUDENT LAST NAME||PHONE#|
|Nicole Anderson substitute for Chelsea Kearns||Pas-Suemail@example.com|
|Ruth Rosas||MHAT Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ben Mast||School Psychologistemail@example.com|
|Jessica Wolfgram||School Psychologistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marie Forbes||Family Involvement Liaisonemail@example.com|
|Janice Lin||Counseling Secretary|
M,T, TH, F
7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
7:00 AM to 1:30 PM