College Application Information for Seniors – More information will come soon about the college application process. Here are some resources you can use now.
- Watch our College Application Lessons. Link: Class of 2021 Counselor College application lessons
- Check out the Class of 2021 Teams channel for more info about letters of rec, common application and finding the right fit.
- Watch for more videos and another college application presentations scheduled later this month. We have some great info to share with you!
- We will host FAQ’s Teams meetings in October. Watch for invites from the counseling team!
- Please schedule your Senior Blitz appointment. Counselors will meet with each senior to finalize college application list, deadlines, transcripts, letter of recs and check over grad requirements. Save all your questions for our time together! We will have dedicated time to focus on you and answer all your individual questions. Schedule the appointment using your counselors booking page.
- Transcripts for College Applications – Transcripts will be available to start submitting to colleges in October. Students need to have a FERPA Waiver form on file in order to be sent electronically through Naviance. All students who wish to release your records including transcripts and recommendations to college(s) must sign and turn in this waiver. Please email the form to counseling secretary, Ms. Janice Lin at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may request transcripts at any time.
- Naviance Interlake HS (Link) — Research colleges, request transcripts, and request letter of recommendation from teachers.
- Transcripts for coaches, please email the counseling secretary Ms. Janice Lin at: email@example.com
View the Fall 2020 Admission Statistics for Four year WA state colleges and univeristies
COLLEGE FINANCIAL PLANNING WEBINAR
Join college financial planning advisor Peg Keough as she demystified the college funding process. This webinar is recommended for parents and guardians of students in grades 9 through 12.
Thursday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. Registration is required for this event. Register online with Way to the Quad.
Peg has worked with hundreds of families just like you and helped them realize significant savings on the cost of college. In this webinar, parents and guardians will discover:
· How colleges calculate how much they think you can afford to pay for one year of college.
· How colleges are discounting the cost of attendance (the “sticker price”), many items by $10,000 or more per year, and how you can get these discounts.
· What unique planning opportunities your family can capitalize on to capture these discounts.
· How to estimate your net cost for your child’s favorite colleges.
· What’s included on financial aid forms and how they are used by colleges.
Register online with Way to the Quad.
Virtual College Fairs
NACAC Virtual College Fairs: NACAC is hosting National College Fair on Nov. 8
Virtual Christian College Fairs – Live Event Nov. 5
The Application Process Overview – Student Responsibilities
IHS College Application Checklist
Letters of Rec Presentation
Student athletes need to register with the NCAA and submit transcript waivers to the counseling office. Please bring in two copies of the signed waiver along with two envelopes with postage and addressed to the NCAA Clearing House – one copy for the beginning of the year and the 2nd copy for the end of the year. Go to the NCAA Eligibility Center website for more information.