College & Career Center
Interlake’s College & Career Center provides students and parents with access to current information and resources on college and career planning. Offering a variety of services from registration for WaNIC courses and resume workshops to college visits and career exploration through community service, we will be your guide as you plan for your future.
WANIC Registration for School Year 2018-19
If you are interested in registering for a program at Interlake HS, Bellevue HS, Sammamish HS or Newport HS – you will register during school registration time. Please see Miss Tracy J Gasca to pick up additional paperwork.
If you are interested in registering for a program at DigiPen, Lake WA Tech, Issaquah HS, Bothell HS, Skyline HS, or any other location – you are able to register online now via wanic.lwsd.org – click here to register.
ATTENTION: College Representatives
If you are interested in scheduling a college visits, please register here. Please contact our College and Career Advisor for any questions. Thank you.
CTE courses @ IHS
Interlake offers students a variety of CTE programs. Take time to browse the many courses via the CTE link above. Along with numerous career pathway opportunities, most of the CTE courses allow students to earn college credit through Tech Prep CC (see Tech Prep CC link below). CTE also offers several advanced level WaNIC courses providing intensive training in specific areas of study (see WaNIC link below). Please contact the Career Specialist with any questions you may have.
WaNIC courses @ IHS
Below is a list of WaNIC courses available to IHS students. Students register for these courses through the Career Specialist starting in February.
ARTS, MEDIA, COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
- Film & Video Production (Media Production)
- Production Graphics & Graphic Design
- Radio/TV Broadcasting Technology
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Event Planning, Hospitality & Tourism
- International Entrepreneurship
- Sports & Entertainment Management/Marketing
ENGINEERING, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Automotive Technology
- Composite Engineering & Manufacturing
- Construction Trades
- DigiPen Robotics & Future Technologies
- Environmental Horticulture (Advanced)
- Sustainable Engineering & Design
- Welding Technology, Design & Fabrication
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- American Sign Language
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Careers
- Fire & EMS
- Health Science Careers (Nursing)
- Medical Science
- Sports Medicine
- Teaching Academy
- CISCO Networking Academy
- DigiPen Animation Academy (AP Studio Art)
- DigiPen Video Game Programming (AP)
WaNIC SUMMER SKILLS ACADEMY
- Culinary Creations
- Dynamic DNA
- Health Careers Exploration
- Computer Science & Engineering
- DigiPen Art & Animation
- DigiPen Cyber Security
- DigiPen Game Programming
- DigiPen Robotics
- DigiPen Video Game Development
- Radio/TV Broadcasting
- Rock Your Ride – Mobile Electronics
- STEM Guitar Building
For more information, click on the WaNIC link above or contact Miss. Tracy J Gasca
Tech Prep courses @ IHS
Did you know IHS students can earn college credit while in high school? It’s called “dual credit.” Dual credit can be earned for most CTE courses through Tech Prep. The following IHS courses are eligible for dual credit when students earn a B or better.
- Accounting 1 AND 2
- AP Computer Science
- Computer Graphics/Design
- Digital Video/Audio 1 or 2
- Environmental Horticulture
- IB Business and Management
- Intro to Computer Prgm
- Marketing and Business
- Msft Office Core or Expert
- must pass certification
- Technical Theater
- Urban Horticultural
- Web Publishing
- Welding/Metals Fabrication
- All WaNIC courses
Registration takes place December through June. For more information, click on the Tech Prep link above or contact the Career Specialist.
Stressed about paying for college? Click the link above for links to various scholarship links and search engines.
Career, Employment & Community Service Opportunities
- Carnegie Mellon University Summer Pre-College Programs –
- various programs, Grades 11-12,
- Deadline April 15
- UW Math Academy 2018 July 15 – Aug 10
- Juniors who are interested in engineering & currently in pre-Calculus or other advanced math
- Apply Here by March 26
- Business is Global Summer Program – Indiana University
- Program dates: July 1 – 14
- Current 10,11 & 12 grade students
- Learn about international business, language and culture
- Application Deadline April 9, Apply Here
- Girls Rock Math Camp
- Summer Opportunity for Girls Grades 9-12 to be part of their counselor program
- Attend a full-day training
- Arrive on time, be responsible, reliable
- Assist w/ camp activities, lunch, snack, playground games and supervision
- Work in small groups on self-esteem, math, art activities
- lead camp games & songs enthusiastically
- To Apply – http://www.girlsrockmathematics.com/counselors
- Fill out the Counselor Application in link above!
- Boeing Academy for STEM Learning – Women Fly
- Annual Spring event for female students to pursue careers in Aviation & STEM related fields
- March 23 8:30 – 2:00pm
- To Register, please follow this link to The Museum of Flight website. Please note that it is a two-step registration; the first step secures your spot in the event, and the second step asks more information about the participant(s) and their interests.
- Duke University Summer College Programs
- July 8 to Aug. 3
- Apply Here by April 16
- July 8 to Aug. 3
- University of Portland – Info Event in Bellevue
- Join the University of Portland on Saturday, March 17th from 1 – 3 pm at the Bellevue Athletic Club.
- This event is open to all, but it is highly encouraged that Accepted Students and Juniors attend
- Register Here : https://admissions.up.edu/portal/receptions
- Duke Summer Sessions
- Various courses offered
- Application Deadline: April 16
- Bellevue Botanical Garden – Seeking volunteers to greet and welcome visitors during its annual Garden D’Lights display. Shifts are available nightly from November 25th through December 31st. Visit their website or contact Shannon Darrow at SDarrow@bellevuewa.gov
- Bellevue Youth Theatre Volunteering – various opportunities
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus – Ushers for their 2018 Concerts. Visits their website for more information
- King Conservation District (KCD) – non-regulatory government agency that promotes the sustainable use of natural resources through responsible stewardship. KCD is always on the lookout for new volunteers who are passionate about their community and want to give back. The events we host focus on environmental issues around King County like: improving water quality, removing invasive plants, propagating native plant species, restoring natural riparian areas, improving salmon/wildlife habitat, and so much more. We are looking for students who are interested in environmental stewardship, looking for service learning, or just want to spend some time outside giving back.If you are interested, please contact Crispin Peters at 425-282-1959 or restorationIP@kingcd.org.
- Seattle VegFest – Volunteer
- Seattle Center Exhibition Hall (on Mercer St)
- Volunteer times Friday April 6 – Sunday April 8
- For Volunteers of 4+ hours or more
- Free Vegfest T-Shirt
- Free Admission to Vegfest Saturday/Sunday
- For Volunteers of 4+ hours or more
- Click Here to Register
- All In For Autism 5K/10K 2018
- April 28 & 29
- Bellevue Downtown Park
- Volunteer Shifts from 2 – 5 hours
- About 300 v0lunteers are needed! Register Today!
- St. Peter’s United Methodist Church Spring yard Sale
- 2 students to set up tables Monday April 16 from 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- 2 students on Saturday April 21st 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Location is 17222 NE 8th St
- Please contact Patricia King via 425-396-5141 or email@example.com
- Volunteer for Baha’is New Year Celebration!
- March 20th at the Eastside Baha’i Center 16007 NE 8th St.
- Looking for 4 volunteers form 6pm – 9pm
- Please contact Nakisa Salashoor via firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.850.9010
- Ardmore Elementary – Science Fair Volunteers Needed
- March 23 from 4:45 – 8:45 pm
- 15 – 20 students needed to monitor rooms, stamps cards for students visiting, or help kids with their experiments
- To sign up email/text your name, school and grade to email@example.com or texted to 253-267-2564 ASAP
- Volunteers Needed for Bellevue Four on the 4th Dog Jog/Walk!
- Participants will be jogging or walking with their 4-legged friends on a 4k route through north Bellevue and volunteers are needed to keep them safely on their way as they march to the finish line and raise funds for Seattle Humane in Bellevue!
- Date: Friday, July 4th, 2018
- Location: Ashwood Park (next to Bellevue Library)
- Time: 8am – 11am
- T-Shirt included
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 453-3110
- Teach Kids to Code –
- teach anywhere from 3 to 10 hours each week.
- competitive compensation, ranging from $13-$20 per hour (depending on your skills and experience). With bonuses, new instructors can make about $30 per class and experienced instructors can reach $50 per class.
- We offer training opportunities as well, so you can start off light and grow your course load as you learn.
- Submit your CV and some examples of your code.
- Send your cover letter and resume to
- Jo-Ann Fabrics in Bellevue (Crossroads) is looking for seasonal team members!
- Chuck E. Cheese in Bellevue
They are hiring for multiple positions!Contact:
Rian Coffey – General Mgr
- Kumon Bel-Red Center is hiring Teacher Assistants (Bellevue)
- 2 – 3 days a week, 4:00- 7:00 (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday (10:00 – 1:00 pm).
- work w children grades K-12, correcting both Math and English worksheets
- Native English speaker with strong grammar skills and GPA of 3.60+ preferred.
- To apply contact email@example.com ASAP
- Joey Restaurants Now Hiring!
- No Experience Necessary
- 18+ Years older
- Apply Here or Visit 800 Bellevue Way NEW Bellevue WA 98004
- 2018 K.E.P.T (Kids Environmental Project Training)
- Provides Bellevue youth w/ education, job skills, career development training in park resource management
- 30 hours week, 9am – 3:30pm Monday- Friday
- 06/29/18 – 8/24/2018
- Deadline: 5/31
- Apply Here
- Social Media Internship – Cirkled in
- Gain real-life company experience while earning monthly stipend
- Job Responsibilities
- Research & post social media content following a calendar
- Grow followership on various channels
- Write 1 blog/week
- Spend at least 5 hours/week (including weekend) starting now with option to full time during summer
- Work directly w/ CEO and marketing team
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acumatica Career Internship
- Must be 16+ years old by March 31 2018
- High School Junior or Senior
- Available for 2 – 3 hours shifts after school Monday – Friday from April to September
- Pay is $15/hour
- Location is Club Service Center 4520 Martin Luther King Jr Way S. Seattle, WA 98108
- For Job Description Click Here
- Deadline March 19