Students must earn forty (40) hours of Community Service as one of their graduation requirements. Students may begin to earn these hours once they complete their eight (8th) grade year. The hours may be earned all at one time, or in any manner that meets the student’s schedule, during his/her high school years, but must be completed prior to the student’s participation in a commencement ceremony and the granting of a diploma.
Community Service is any volunteer service that is done for a non-profit agency or organization. A nonprofit designation and tax-exempt status are given only to organizations that further charitable, cruelty-prevention, educational, literary, public safety, religious, or scientific causes or purposes. Examples of nonprofit organizations include hospitals, universities, national charities, churches, and foundations. School service is also included. All students will record their community service hours in x2vol, which is housed in the Naviance Program.
To access x2VOL through Naviance, please follow these instructions:
1. Log in to Naviance Student. *Login with Clever
2. Click x2VOL in the Resources section of the Naviance Home page. *lower right
– The x2VOl dashboard will appear in a new window.
– First time users will be prompted to register – User name is your student email. Complete the profile and select your class group.
3. Click Add Hours under common tasks.
4. Select Create New.
5. Complete the form and all required fields.
6. Click Submit.
Wolverine Guard (WG) is a Bellevue High PTSA sponsored award that recognizes students who perform 100+ hours of community service in the 12-month period from May 1st to April 30th of each school year.
Organizations Welcoming Teen Volunteers:
- World Language Credits
- College & Career Center
- Washington State History Options
- Ordering Transcripts
- Graduation Requirements
- Academic Support
- Community Service
- Credit Recovery Options
- Outside Learning
- High School Credit for Middle School Courses
- Running Start
- Sport for PE Credit
The Bellevue School District does NOT endorse any outside organization/event. The above list is provided as an informational service only. It is strongly recommended that every participant, as well as parent or guardian, research the organization thoroughly, before participating, to be certain it is an appropriate fit.