Lunch Special: Gluten Free Chicken Teriyaki with Sticky Brown Rice & Steamed Green Beans
Green Club Announcement:
Green Club is hosting their 2nd annual clothing swap, where people can bring in unused formal clothing and swap it for the upcoming winter formal.
Donation days are November 20th through November 23rd in the main office, and the Swap days will be November 29th-30th in the commons after school!
The goal is to repurpose unused clothing for all students and staff here at Sammamish to dress nicely for the winter formal, coming up January 20th.
Would you like to have your art published in Sammamish’s newspaper? Submit a photo of any work of art (painting, digital art, comic strips, 3D art, etc.) to have your art included in our print edition of the paper! Submit any time before winter break on December 20th.
- UC application deadline is November 30th. UC Application YouTube video playlist is available with resources for students who are applying to a UC.
- Teens in Public Service (TIPS) Applications are now open for 2024 Summer Internship opportunities.
- Need volunteer hours? Holiday helpers are needed at Evergreen Court Retirement Community.
- Ice Rink is hiring!
SHS LIBRARY NEWS:
- The library will be CLOSED after school, every Tuesday & Thursday, in addition to closures Wednesdays after school.
- Please plan accordingly!
- The library is OPEN Mondays through Fridays at 7:15AM; closed for 1st lunch and open during 2nd lunch this year.
- NOTE: Hawks Helping Hawks peer tutoring on Thursdays (3-4PM) will be moving to a new location.
- Return your library materials in a timely fashion and without damage, so that other students (and staff!) may also borrow these items.
- As a safety protocol, ALL students must sign in and out of the library. Attendance will be verified.
- Students must provide a signed pass from class and provide it to the library staff.
- Students with an open period or Running Start schedule also need to sign in.
- ALL students must enter through the Main Library doors to sign in. Please do not let your friends through the south EXIT doors.
- Food & drinks are not allowed inside the library. We have many classes & events scheduled in the library and need to keep the space clean.
- Check out our NEW book displays!
- Spooky Reads for Fall
- Fall Reads
- November is Native American Heritage Month
- Refer to helpful library links below:
- Visit Destiny Discover to search for physical books in our library.
- Visit Online resources!
- KCLS for online resources (educational databases, stream movies & music, online tutoring help, e-books & audiobooks, etc.
- SORA app for e-books & audiobooks