College & Career Center
CTE TOWN HALL – Meeting Recording
From the February 9, 2021 virtual presentation.
Program description:Are you interested in finding out about the many career pathways available to you in middle and high school? Careers such health care, visual communications, information technology, business and marketing, culinary, education, transportation, construction, plus more?
If you are a 5th thru 11th grade student, (Parents are highly encouraged to join us!) please join us on February 9 to hear about the many Career and Technical Education programs available within this district! Hear about our 12 different career pathways that begin at the middle school and continue through high school. Understand the difference between a Satellite and WANIC program, how college credit is earned while in high school, and the many industry recognized certifications available as students take CTE classes. Hear from our many instructors and the Director of Career and Technical Education.
Explore Washington’s College & Career Pathways:
The current public health and economic crisis has created a lot of uncertainty, but this much remains clear: education is more important than ever.
Continuing your education after high school expands your options. Research shows college graduates earn more and are less likely to be unemployed.
And with the new Washington College Grant, there’s money to help. Our state is offering more money to more students for more kinds of education. From welding to nursing, English to computer science—certificate, apprenticeship, or degree—the Washington College Grant can help students of all ages achieve their educational goals.
Want to learn more? Check out Washington’s new College & Career Compass:
The Sammamish High School College & Career Center provides access to information and resources on college and career planning. Offering a variety of services from registration assistance for WANIC Career and Technical courses, coordinating military fairs and trades (electrician, plumber, construction, etc.) seminars, and resume workshops to college visits, college application assistance, financial aid application assistance, and scholarship information, we are here to help guide students as they plan for their future.
- College & Career Presentations
- College Conferences
- Go to College Fairs – Virtual Fairs Calendar Link: https://www.gotocollegefairs.com/fair-planners/calendar.asp
- College Corps
- Please email any requests for application or essay assistance to Arlene Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College Visits at SHS – the college visit schedule updates frequently – please check Naviance regularly for the most current information.
- The college visit schedule and the links to access the virtual visits are in each student’s Naviance.
- Access to Naviance is via the Clever button on each student’s BSD laptop:
- Field Trips to College Campuses
- Check out the Virtual College Visit opportunities on the web-site of the college’s you are interested in!
- Community Service/Volunteer Opportunities
- Jobs & Paid Internship
- Military Information
- Programs – School-Year & Summer & Internshipshttp://bsd405.org/sammamish/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/03/College-Career-School-Year-Summer-Programs-Internships-current.pdf
- Trades/Apprenticeships – www.gearup.wa.gov/file/how-become-apprentice
- Academic Support
- College Planning
- Graduation Requirements
- College & Career Center
- Running Start
- Community Service
- Outside Learning
- Multi-Language Learners
- Course Registration & Graduation Planning
The Career Specialist does NOT endorse any organization/event. Opportunities and resources are provided as an informational service only. It is strongly recommended that every participant, as well as parent or guardian, research the organization or opportunity thoroughly, before participating, to be certain it is an appropriate fit.