Students who would like to request district permission to take a class at another institution (private school or online school), must submit an Outside Learning Form. It will be reviewed and decided upon by the principal and district personnel. Families should NOT register for an outside course until they receive approval from the district in the mail. Please allow 10-14 school days for processing. Below are the steps. For summer 2021, forms are due to the district by June 30th.
- Go to OSPI’s website to find approved online courses and providers.
- Print the request form, fill out both pages, and then email it to you counselor in the Counseling Center. If requesting after June 22, 2021, please email to your student’s assistant principal.
- Wait for an email with the decision.
- If the course is approved, complete the course.
- Once completed, order an official outside course transcript to be sent to the SHS registrar, Ms. Esmeralda Bailon (email@example.com).
- Academic Support
- College Planning
- Graduation Requirements
- College & Career Center
- Running Start
- Community Service
- Outside Learning
- Multi-Language Learners
- Course Registration & Graduation Planning