Upcoming Dates for Seniors: (Updated 01/20/2021)
- Thursday, January 14th: Black & LatinX Scholar College Workshop 6:00pm – 8:30pm via Zoom:
- Zoom Link
- Meeting ID: 787 3527 7358
- Passcode: 4RfMWb
Announcements & Meetings
Class of 2021 Graduation Event Plan
Graduation has been tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 17th, at 11:00am. The location of the ceremony and format will be contingent upon guidance from the King County Health Department, the Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, and Bellevue School District Central Office Administration.
Class of 2021 Yearbook Grad Ad Information:
We offer some space in the annual for “Grad Ads” for Sammamish High School seniors in our yearbook – These are a nice way to pay tribute to your graduate’s achievements. Ads will be sold on a first-paid, first-reserved basis now through Friday, December 18th, and the cost per ad is as follows:
- 1/8 page ad (4.5” wide and 3” high): $40
- 1/4 page ad (4.5” wide and 6” high): $75
- 1/2 page ad (9” wide and 6” high): $100
Families can purchase these ads through this link: https://wa-bellevue.intouchreceipting.com/. The items for purchase will be available under the ASB/Yearbook tab in the subcategory tab of Yearbook. If space remains after this initial sales period, we will reopen sales from 01/18/2021 – 01/31/2021.
Ad submissions should be emailed to the Yearbook Advisor, Mitch Leffler (firstname.lastname@example.org) and if you have any questions about grad ads, please feel free to email those as well.
Graduation Attire & Jostens Ordering:
Jostens Ordering Information:
Want that Senior Swag or to order your items for the Class of 2021 Graduation? Jostens has opened their ordering site for Sammamish High School Seniors to order their Class of 2021 items, as well as, order their caps and gowns for graduation. Please take a moment to watch these videos and peruse the catalog of available items for your Senior to order here. Orders will be shipped to your home address – Cap and gown orders will be made available for pickup in the Spring.
Have questions about ordering or an existing order? Reach out to our Jostens Representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or by email at email@example.com.
Graduation Cap & Gowns:
We are encouraging each family to consider purchasing a cap and gown, even though these may not be a requirement for participation in our graduation celebration this year. Seniors can place orders for these items, if they choose, on the Jostens website for our school. If you have any questions on how to order or need help with anything pertaining to your order, please reach out to our Jostens representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our goal to have a photo of each student in their cap and gown to include in the pre-recorded ceremony.
If your family needs assistance with getting a cap and gown for your senior, please reach out to their counselor:
|Counselor||Assigned Student Last Names||Email Address|
|Heather Smith||A – Deemail@example.com|
|Elaena Williams Pagaran||Df – Hfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yuchen Zhang||I – Mpemail@example.com|
|Nicole Kemp||Mq – Scfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jaime Hoener||Sd – Zemail@example.com|
We will be providing loaner caps and gowns to students needing them and are solidifying the process to distribute and recollect these items. Additional information will be sent to those families once we have determined who needs assistance.
Honor Cords & Eligibility Requirements:
Graduates and their families will be notified of their graduates honor cord eligibility via email by the end of May; they are $5.00/each. If your graduate does not receive an honor cord email and they feel like this is in error, please contact our Office Manager, Kim Taniguchi (firstname.lastname@example.org), for help.
Sammamish High School provides honor cord distinction for students achieving any of the three following accomplishments: Completing 200+ standalone community service hours, being a member of National Honors Society in good standing, Maintaining a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for their high school career, & receiving an International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma. Our 4.0 cumulative GPA students will receive recognition and a medal at the graduation ceremony. Here are the requirements to achieve each distinction:
- 200+ Community Service Hours (Red & White Honor Cord): This distinction is given to students having completed 200 or more standalone hours of community service, during their time in high school, and is a celebration of students demonstrating extraordinary commitment in service to their community. These hours must be separate from any hours attributing to another distinction, such as National Honors Society, but may include the 40 hours required for graduation. All hours must be entered, approved & verified in Naviance no later than May 21, 2021, to qualify for this distinction.
- National Honors Society (Gold): Members of National Honors Society (NHS) demonstrate outstanding character, leadership, service, and academics. Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.65 or higher and meet community service requirements to qualify. Eligibility for this distinction is communicated and determined by the NHS Advisor, Ms. Youmans.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or Better (Platinum): Students achieving this distinction will have achieved this by maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or more during their entire secondary education. 4.0 students are also eligible to receive this cord.
- [New for Class of 2021] International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma Recipients (Red, White & Yellow): Students receiving the International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma must complete the requirements outlined here.
- Cumulative GPA of 4.0 (Medal): Students having maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA, throughout their entire secondary education, will receive this award.
Any students with questions regarding their eligibility for any of these distinctions can reach out to Kim Taniguchi at email@example.com for more information.
Class of 2021 Senior Recognition Event Details:
Senior Celebration Event Plan
Every year we take an evening to celebrate individual achievements for our Seniors that exemplify our school’s commitment to Scholarship, Honor & Service. We do not have a date defined for this event yet, but it typically takes place the week before graduation.
Missed the Class of 2020 live-stream? View it here!
Class of 2021 School Item Return & Diploma Pickup