Upcoming Dates for Seniors: (Updated 06/24/2021)
- Thursday, June 24th: PTSA Pre-Graduation Class of 2021 Family Event @ SHS 4:00pm – 8:00pm (click here for more details)
- Friday, June 25th: Senior Graduation Event @ T-Mobile Park
- Gates Open: 11:30am
- Ceremony: 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Announcements & Meetings (Updated 06/24/2021)
Senior Checkout & Last Day (Updated 06/18/2021)
The last day of school for graduating Seniors is Wednesday, June 16th, and classes will be scheduled, as normal. Most Seniors visited us on Wednesday, June 16th, and Thursday, June 17th, to complete Senior Checkout and pickup their Graduation Tickets. Any Senior still needing to complete this process must visit the School on Monday, June 21st, or Tuesday, June 22nd, between 8:00am and 3:30pm – We have sent a notification to students and families needing to complete this process on 06/18/2021. Seniors, regardless of their education option (e.g. Hybrid, Virtual-Only, Running Start), must complete the Senior Checkout process, before they will be able to collect their graduation tickets and, eventually, their diploma. Seniors will visit the following staff to complete their checkout:
- Counselors – Counselors will confirm the following with Seniors:
- Completion of the High School & Beyond Plan
- Eligibility for Graduation (ex. Grade Check, Graduation Requirements, etc)
- Technology – Turn in any BSD equipment (laptops, chargers, styluses, etc.)
- Accounting – Return books (if not returned in class) & confirm all fines/fees are cleared
- Office Manager: Graduation Tickets – Only allowed, after visiting Staff 1 – 3
High School & Beyond Plan (Updated 06/18/2021)
Complete ALL High School and Beyond Plan Tasks. Please connect with your Counselor for help with this. The High School and Beyond Plan Tasks every Senior must complete are as follows:
- Career Interest Profiler
- Create/Update 4- Year Plan
- Game Plan Survey
- Create/Update Resume
- Complete My Graduation Pathways Survey
- Complete My Financial Aid Options Survey
- Complete BSD Graduation Survey
Class of 2021 Graduation Event Plan (Updated 06/18/2021)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: We will be holding a Virtual Senior Graduation Informational Meeting for Seniors and their families to attend on Wednesday, June 23rd, from 5:00pm – 6:00pm via Microsoft Teams (click here to join!). We will be covering the details of the ceremony, what families and Seniors can expect, and information about the venue and where to park, as well as, have an open Q&A session. This meeting will be recorded and posted on our Senior Graduation & Activities page for families and Seniors unable to attend. We will also be sending a final informational message to families and Seniors on Thursday, June 24th, with this information, as well.
Graduation Ceremony Event – Sammamish High School Seniors will be able to attend their Graduation Ceremony at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Friday, June 25th, starting at 12:30pm, with gates opening at 11:30am. Additional details on our Graduation @ T-Mobile Park are viewable on our District Graduation 2021 page.
Live-Stream Information – This event will be live-streamed and the link for viewing this event will be sent to Seniors and their Families on Monday, June 21st. For security reasons, we cannot post the link to our website, so families must access the link through email – You are welcome to forward the link to any family you have joining virtually.
Parking Information – Seniors and families can park in the T-Mobile Park Parking Garage, across Edgar Martinez Drive from the Stadium, free of charge.
Mask Use Policy – In line with T-Mobile Park’s current rules, attendees and graduates must adhere to the following:
Fully vaccinated guests and graduates at T-Mobile Park are no longer required to wear a mask. Fully vaccinated means that a person has received their 2nd dose of the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine or their dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and two weeks have elapsed, since their final shot was received. The Park has adopted an “honor system” and staff will assume that any unmasked attendee has been fully vaccinated.
Masks that cover the nose and mouth are mandatory for all attendees 2 years and older who are not considered to be fully vaccinated.
Forgot Your Tickets? – If you arrive to T-Mobile Park and find that you don’t have you have forgotten your tickets at home, please visit Will Call to have your tickets reprinted. Will Call is located to the right of the Home Plate entrance.
Purchasing Graduation Photos:
GradImages will be taking photos of graduates as they collect their diploma cover and leave the stage at graduation this year. Once the photos are ready, graduates and families can search for their photos at: www.gradimages.com. If you would like to pre-register your contact information, to make sure you are notified, when photos are ready for purchase, please do so here. Anyone who pre-registers will get a code for 20% off of their order of at least $50.
Graduation Attire & Jostens Ordering: (Updated 05/12/2021)
Jostens Ordering Information:
Want that Senior Swag or to order your items for the Class of 2021 Graduation? Jostens has opened their ordering site for Sammamish High School Seniors to order their Class of 2021 items, as well as, order their caps and gowns for graduation. Please take a moment to watch these videos and peruse the catalog of available items for your Senior to order here. All remaining orders will be shipped to your home address.
Have questions about ordering or an existing order? Reach out to our Jostens Representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation Cap & Gowns:
To participate in the Graduation Ceremony, Seniors will need a cap, gown, stole & tassel. Seniors can place orders for these items, on the Jostens website for our school. If you have any questions on how to order or need help with anything pertaining to your order, please reach out to our Jostens representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or via email at email@example.com.
For information on graduation attire guidelines and cap decorations, check out our Graduation Attire Information page.
If your family needs assistance with getting a cap and gown for your senior, please reach out to their counselor:
|Counselor||Assigned Student Last Names||Email Address|
|Heather Smith||A – Defirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elaena Williams Pagaran||Df – Hemail@example.com|
|Yuchen Zhang||I – Mpfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nicole Kemp||Mq – Scemail@example.com|
|Jaime Hoener||Sd – Zfirstname.lastname@example.org|
We will be providing caps and gowns to students needing them. Additional information will be sent to those families once we have determined who needs assistance.
Honor Cords & Eligibility Requirements:
Graduates and their families will be notified of their graduates honor cord eligibility via email by the end of May; they are $5.00/each. If your graduate does not receive an honor cord email and they feel like this is in error, please contact our Office Manager, Kim Taniguchi (email@example.com), for help.
Sammamish High School provides honor cord distinction for students achieving any of the three following accomplishments: Completing 200+ standalone community service hours, being a member of National Honors Society in good standing, Maintaining a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for their high school career, & receiving an International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma. Our 4.0 cumulative GPA students will receive recognition and a medal at the graduation ceremony. Here are the requirements to achieve each distinction:
- 200+ Community Service Hours (Red & White Honor Cord): This distinction is given to students having completed 200 or more standalone hours of community service, during their time in high school, and is a celebration of students demonstrating extraordinary commitment in service to their community. These hours must be separate from any hours attributing to another distinction, such as National Honors Society, but may include the 40 hours required for graduation. All hours must be entered, approved & verified in Naviance no later than May 21, 2021, to qualify for this distinction.
- National Honors Society (Gold): Members of National Honors Society (NHS) demonstrate outstanding character, leadership, service, and academics. Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.65 or higher and meet community service requirements to qualify. Eligibility for this distinction is communicated and determined by the NHS Advisor, Ms. Youmans.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or Better (Platinum): Students achieving this distinction will have achieved this by maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or more during their entire secondary education. 4.0 students are also eligible to receive this cord.
- [New for Class of 2021] International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma Recipients (White & Gold): Students receiving the International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma must complete the requirements outlined here.
- Cumulative GPA of 4.0 (Medal): Students having maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA, throughout their entire secondary education, will receive this award.
Any students with questions regarding their eligibility for any of these distinctions can reach out to Kim Taniguchi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We will be applying fees to all eligible student’s BSD accounts and families can pay for their cords online here, after June 1st. Cords will be available for student pickup, along with their graduation tickets, when they complete Senior Check Out.
SHS Class of 2021 Graduation Candy & Flower Leis: (Updated 06/18/2021)
The PTSA is sponsoring the sale of candy and flower leis for Class of 2021 students and families to purchase for their graduate and all proceeds go to benefit the SHS Class of 2022. Sales are now closed. If you purchased a Flower or Candy Graduation Lei please pick up at the Senior Photo Event on Thursday, June 24th, from 4:00pm – 8:00pm at SHS. Due to T-Mobile Park restrictions, these cannot be distributed outside the park at graduation.
Class of 2021 Diplomas (06/18/2021)
Graduates will receive their diploma through the mail. Please check StudentVUE/ParentVUE to confirm that your mailing address is correct. For any updates, please reach out to our Registrar, Esmeralda Bailon (email@example.com), to get these changes made. We will be mailing diplomas out to graduates and their families in July.