Upcoming Dates for Seniors: (Updated 11/14/2023)
- November 21, 2023: Josten’s @ SHS PAC 11:00 am
- November 30, 2023: Deadline to order from Josten’s (for free shipping)
- November 30, 2023: Josten’s at SHS during both lunches
- December 15, 2023: Senior Quotes due
- January 5, 2024: Senior photos and Grad Ads deadline
- TBD: Senior Speeches due to Mr. Richardson
- TBD: Senior Speech auditions at 1:00 pm PAC
- May 17, 2023: Community Service Hours Due
- TBD: Senior Finals
- TBD: Senior Finals Make up
- TBD: Senior Rec Night at 6pm
- TBD: Senior Checkout Day (ALL DAY) -TBA
- TBD: PTSA Senior Breakfast at TBA
- TBD: Senior Rehearsal 10 am – 12 pm
- TBD: Graduation Ticket pickup: 1:00 pm
- June 12, 2024: Graduation at 9:00 am at the University of Washington HEC ED
- June 12, 2024: Senior Grad Party (After Graduation, sponsored by PTSA)
Graduation Details Update (11/14/2023):
Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2024 of Sammamish, Interlake, Newport, and Bellevue High Schools will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2024. The schedule is below. These graduation ceremonies will be held at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
The Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion is an indoor arena on the campus of the University of Washington in Seattle. It is located at 3870 Montlake Blvd NE, Seattle, WA 98105.
- 9:00 am – Sammamish High School (graduates arrive @8:15, doors open for families @8:30)
- 12:30 pm – Interlake High School (graduates arrive @ 11:45, doors open for families @12:00)
- 4:00 pm – Newport High School (graduates arrive @3:15, doors open for families @3:30)
- 7:30 pm – Bellevue High School (graduates arrive @ 6:45, doors open for families @ 7:00)
Parking for the Class of 2023 graduation ceremonies is available at lot E-18. The E-18 lot is located just north of the Alaska Airlines Arena on Montlake Blvd NE. See Map.
Lot E-18 is a self-serve pay by phone lot. The charge is a flat $7.00 per day. Families must pay for parking using the Pay by Phone Parking App (available on Google Play Store, the iOS App store or the Windows store), visiting the Pay by Phone website www.paybyphone.com or by calling 1-888-680-7275.
For your convenience, it is highly recommended that families set up a Pay by Phone Parking account in advance of June 14.
Additional information is available on the UW Parking website. https://transportation.uw.edu/park/visitor/pay-by-phone-parking
The location number for E-18 is 123182 or 123183 for disability accessible spaces.
Other lots in the vicinity charge an hourly rate of $4.00/hour. These lots are noted on the UW parking map.
Entering the Alaska Airlines Arena
Entrances on the North and South side of the arena will be open for parents and guests. Graduates should enter the lower level of the arena near Husky Stadium (watch for signs directing graduates down the ramp on the south side of the arena).
All guests and graduates will be subject to a bag search. Prohibited items include firearms, weapons, alcohol, balloons*, noise makers and open drink containers (water bottles*, etc.)
*Balloons will be held at the entrance for pick up after the ceremony.
* Sealed (unopened) water bottles are allowed. Empty reusable bottles are allowed. Water fountains are available on the arena concourse. Water dispensers and cups will be available on the lower level for graduates.
Hearing devices will be available for pick up in front of the Hall of Fame on the concourse. There are ample hearing devices and no need to reserve a device.
Ushers will be stationed on the concourse. Please ask an usher for assistance locating available ADA seating and restrooms.
Effective March 12, in alignment with state and county guidelines, masks will become optional at events inside Alaska Airlines Arena. Additionally, the vaccine verification process, which required either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test, has been lifted from all events.
Grad Night Party (Updated 11/23/2023)
To provide a fun and safe way for our seniors to celebrate the ending of their high school career with their friends, the PTSA hosts a Grad Night party for Sammamish Seniors! Details are top secret, but we can share that after you drop your senior off at Sammamish High at 10pm on graduation night, they will be in good hands as they’re whisked away on chartered buses to surprise destinations filled with fun activities, entertainment, catered food, non-alcoholic drinks and fantastic prizes. Security and chaperones will keep everyone safe. Pickup will be at school around 5am.
For more information on the Grad Night Party, registration, and pricing, please visit the Sammamish Redhawks PTSA and Boosters – Grad Night Party (sammamishptsa.org)
Previous Announcements & Meetings: (Updated 11/08/2022)
- 11/07/2023 Senior Family Information Night (PPT Slides | Meeting Recording) Passcode *ZZ$4q33
- 11/04/2022 Josten’s email announcement
- 11/01/2022 Graduation Date & Time Announcement
Senior Graduation & Support Contacts:
Graduation Requirement & Eligibility Questions:
- Student Last Names A-Dc – Alicia Williams (email@example.com)
- Student Last Names De – Ji: Elaena Williams-Pagaran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Last Names Jo – Mol: Gerardo Martinez Escobar (email@example.com)
- Student Last Names Mom – Sanc: Nicole Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Last Names Sand – Z: Melinda Breeze (email@example.com)
Senior Class Advisor:
Nicole Fyten (Fytenn@bsd405.org)
College & Career Advisor:
Graduation, Honor Cords, & Senior Event Information:
Senior Celebration/Recognition Night & Graduation Cap & Gown Assistance:
Rita Gemmell (Gemmellr@bsd405.org)
Senior Photos, Grad Ads, & Yearbook Advisor:
Sabrina Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PTSA Class of 2024 Contacts:
- Class of 2024 webpage where seniors can purchase Grad Night Party tickets : Sammamish Redhawks PTSA and Boosters – Class of 2024 (sammamishptsa.org)
- Class of 2024 PTSA Facebook page: Senior parents ask questions here, and PTSA also posts information here relevant for Senior families: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1375868366095465/
Senior Checkout & Last Day
The last day of school for graduating Seniors has not yet been determined, so we have not yet determined Senior Checkout Days. Seniors must complete the Senior Checkout process, before they will be able to collect their graduation tickets and, eventually, their diploma. Seniors will visit the following staff to complete their checkout:
- Counselors – Counselors will confirm the following with Seniors:
- Completion of the High School & Beyond Plan
- Eligibility for Graduation (ex. Grade Check, Graduation Requirements, etc)
- Technology – Turn in any BSD equipment (laptops, chargers, styluses, etc.)
- Accounting – Return books (if not returned in class) & confirm all fines/fees are cleared
- Office Manager: Graduation Tickets – Only allowed, after visiting Staff 1 – 3
High School & Beyond Plan
Complete ALL High School and Beyond Plan Tasks by 6/1/2024. Please connect with your Counselor for help with this. The High School and Beyond Plan Tasks every Senior must complete are as follows:
- Career Interest Profiler
- Create/Update 4- Year Plan
- Game Plan Survey
- Create/Update Resume
- Complete My Graduation Pathways Survey
- Complete My Financial Aid Options Survey
- Complete BSD Graduation Survey
Graduation Attire & Jostens Ordering:
Jostens Ordering Information:
Want that Senior Swag or to order your items for the Class of 2024 Graduation? We are working on a date for Jostens to visit SHS and set up information about ordering. Reach out to our Jostens Representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or by email at email@example.com.
Graduation Cap & Gowns:
To participate in the Graduation Ceremony, Seniors will need a cap, gown, stole & tassel. Seniors can place orders for these items, on the Jostens website click below. If you have any questions on how to order or need help with anything pertaining to your order, please reach out to our Jostens representative, Mike Annis, by phone at (206) 931-4723 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To look at Jostens Online Store, CLICK HERE
For information on graduation attire guidelines and cap decorations, check out our Graduation Attire Information page.
If your family needs assistance with getting a cap and gown for your senior, please reach out to Ms. Gemmell or your student’s counselor
Honor Cords & Eligibility Requirements:
Graduates and their families will be notified of their graduates honor cord eligibility via email by the end of the day on TBA; they are $5.00/each.
Sammamish High School provides honor cord distinction for students achieving any of the three following accomplishments: Completing 200+ standalone community service hours, being a member of National Honors Society in good standing, Maintaining a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for their high school career, & receiving an International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma. Our 4.0 cumulative GPA students will receive recognition and a medal at Senior Recognition Night. Here are the requirements to achieve each distinction:
- 200+ Community Service Hours (Red & White Honor Cord): This distinction is given to students having completed 200 or more standalone hours of community service, during their time in high school, and is a celebration of students demonstrating extraordinary commitment in service to their community. These hours must be separate from any hours attributing to another distinction, such as National Honors Society, but may include the 40 hours required for graduation. All hours must be entered, approved & verified in Naviance no later than May 17 2024, to qualify for this distinction.
- National Honors Society (Gold): Members of National Honors Society (NHS) demonstrate outstanding character, leadership, service, and academics. Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.65 or higher and meet community service requirements to qualify. Eligibility for this distinction is communicated and determined by the NHS Advisor, Ms. Beckerman.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or Better (Platinum): Students achieving this distinction will have achieved this by maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or more during their entire secondary education. 4.0 students are also eligible to receive this cord.
- International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma Recipients (White & Gold): Students receiving the International Spanish Academy (ISA) Diploma must complete the requirements outlined here.
- Cumulative GPA of 4.0 (Medal): Students having maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA, throughout their entire secondary education, will receive this award.
Any students with questions regarding their eligibility for any of these distinctions can reach out to Jessica Soto at email@example.com or Rita Gemmell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We will be applying fees to all eligible student’s BSD accounts and families can pay for their cords online here, after TBA. Cords will be available for student pickup with the accountant once they have been paid for.