High School Graduation is a great milestone for students and their families. Your school counselors and school staff are here to support you on your journey towards graduation. Additionally, please use the information below to help guide you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school counselor.
Graduation Requirements & Checks
High School & Beyond Plan
Completion of the seven components of the High School & Beyond Plan (HSBP) are a state graduation requirement. These components are:
- Create, update or upload your Resume.
- Complete a Career Interests Profiler and mark at least one career as a favorite.
- Complete the Game Plan Survey which will set your goals for post high school life.
- Complete the 4-year plan listed under courses.
- Complete your Graduation Pathway plan.
- Complete a Financial Aid Survey (completed in 12th grade).
- Complete your Graduation Survey at the end of 12th grade.
Directions for completing these components can be found in the Instructions for Completing High School Beyond Plan 20-21.
Washington State History
Successful completion of Washington State History is a high school graduation requirement. Washington State History instruction occurs in the 7th and 8th grade in the Bellevue School District. Students who transfer into the Bellevue School District after 7th grade will be required to satisfactorily complete Washington State History curriculum in order to meet the graduation requirement. High School registrars will note successful completion of Washington State History on students’ transcripts.
If you have not completed the Washington State History requirement, please talk to your student’s counselor to discuss options.
Honor Cords & Eligibility Requirements:
Sammamish High School provides honor cord distinction for students achieving any of the three following accomplishments: Completing 200+ community service hours, being a member of National Honors Society in good standing, & Maintaining a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for their high school career. Our 4.0 cumulative GPA students will receive recognition and a medal at the graduation ceremony. Here are the requirements to achieve each distinction:
- 200+ Community Service Hours (Red & White Honor Cord): This distinction is given to students having completed 200 or more standalone hours of community service, during their time in high school, and is a celebration of students demonstrating extraordinary commitment in service to their community. These hours must be separate from any hours attributing to another distinction, such as National Honors Society, but may include the 40 hours required for graduation.
- National Honors Society (Gold): Members of National Honors Society (NHS) demonstrate outstanding character, leadership, service, and academics. Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.65 or higher and meet community service requirements to qualify. Eligibility for this distinction is communicated and determined by the NHS Advisor, Ms. Youmans.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or Better (Platinum): Students achieving this distinction will have achieved this by maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or more during their entire secondary education. 4.0 students are also eligible to receive this cord.
- Cumulative GPA of 4.0 (Medal): Students having maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA, throughout their entire secondary education, will receive this award. Medals will be presented to eligible students at the graduation ceremony, by Administration.
Any students with questions regarding their eligibility for any of these distinctions should reach out to their counselor for more information.
- Academic Support
- College Planning
- Graduation Requirements
- College & Career Center
- Running Start
- Community Service
- Outside Learning
- Multi-Language Learners
- Course Registration & Graduation Planning