Class of 2023 Graduation Events
Bellevue School District is pleased to announce the dates of the Class of 2023 Graduation ceremonies. These events will be held in person and streamed live. Recordings will be made available following the event. All locations for the Class of 2023 Graduation ceremonies are indoor venues that will provide protection from inclement weather with ample seating capacity and accessible seating. We will adhere to the safety parameters in place at the venue and throughout the district at the time of the event.
Scroll down for event details.
Evergreen Transition Program and Bellevue Digital Discovery
The graduation ceremony for the Evergreen Transitions Program and Bellevue Digital Discovery will be held on Friday, June 16, 2023.
- The Transitions program will hold their ceremony from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. at the Interlake High School Performing Arts Center.
- Digital Discovery will hold an online ceremony, starting at 7:00 p.m.
Big Picture School and International School
Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2023 for Bellevue Big Picture and International School will be held on Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Big Picture’s ceremony will be held at Sammamish High School.
International’s Ceremony location will be Interlake School at 7:00 p.m.
Bellevue, Interlake, Newport, and Sammamish High Schools
Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2023 of Bellevue, Interlake, Newport, and Sammamish High Schools will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2023. The schedule is below. These graduation ceremonies will be held at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, University of Washington.
- 9:00 a.m. – Interlake High School (graduates arrive @ 8:15 a.m., doors open for families @ 8:30 a.m.)
- 12:30 p.m. – Newport High School (graduates arrive @ 11:45 a.m., doors open for families @ 12:00 p.m.)
- 4:00 p.m. – Bellevue High School (graduates arrive @ 3:15 p.m., doors open for families @ 3:30 p.m.)
- 7:30 p.m. – Sammamish High School (graduates arrive @ 6:45 p.m., doors open for families @ 7:00 p.m.)
Parking for the Class of 2022 graduation ceremonies is available at lot E-18. The E-18 lot is located just north of the Alaska Airlines Arena on Montlake Blvd NE. See Map.
Lot E-18 is a self-serve pay by phone lot. The charge is a flat $12.00. Families must pay for parking using the Pay by Phone Parking App (available on Google Play Store, the iOS App store or the Windows store), visiting the Pay by Phone website www.paybyphone.com or by calling 1-888-680-7275.
For your convenience, it is highly recommended that families set up a Pay by Phone Parking account in advance of June 16.
Additional information is available on the UW Parking website. https://transportation.uw.edu/park/visitor/pay-by-phone-parking
The location number for E-18 is 123182 or 123183 for disability accessible spaces.
Other lots in the vicinity charge an hourly rate of $4.00/hour. These lots are noted on the UW parking map.
Entering the Alaska Airlines Arena
Entrances on the North and South side of the arena will be open for parents and guests. Graduates should enter the lower level of the arena near Husky Stadium (watch for signs directing graduates down the ramp on the south side of the arena).
All guests and graduates will be subject to a bag search. Prohibited items include firearms, weapons, alcohol, balloons*, noise makers and open drink containers (water bottles*, etc.)
*Balloons will be held at the entrance for pick up after the ceremony.
* Sealed (unopened) water bottles are allowed. Empty reusable bottles are allowed. Water fountains are available on the arena concourse. Water dispensers and cups will be available on the lower level for graduates.
Hearing devices will be available for pick up in front of the Hall of Fame on the concourse. There are ample hearing devices and no need to reserve a device.
Ushers will be stationed on the concourse. Please ask an usher for assistance locating available ADA seating and restrooms.
Effective March 12, in alignment with state and county guidelines, masks will become optional at events inside Alaska Airlines Arena. Additionally, the vaccine verification process, which required either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test, has been lifted from all events.