Student and Staff Rights & Responsibilities
In compliance with Chapter 392-400 of the Washington Administrative Code, this is to notify parents that a complete copy of “Student, Teacher, and Administrative Rights and Responsibilities” is available upon request from the principal of each school in the District or on the District’s website at www.bsd405.org/about/resources/notices. This document includes the following:
- Washington Administrative Code prescribing the substantive and procedural due process rights of students in the public schools. Topics included are student responsibilities and duties, student rights, discipline procedures, short-term suspension procedures, long-term suspension procedures, expulsion procedures, and appeals procedures.
- Bellevue School District policies on student rights and responsibilities, student government, freedom of expression, inspection of students’ person and property, student conduct, attendance, use of tobacco, drugs and alcohol, use of motor vehicles on high school campuses, readmission procedures after suspension or expulsion, adjusting student grievances and corporal punishment.
- Rights and responsibilities of teachers and principals, as prescribed by state laws and regulations, including flag ceremonies, student attendance, establishment and enforcement of rules regarding student conduct and rights, treatment of children and teachers, disturbances on school premises, disclosure of examination questions, injury to school property, intimidation of teachers or students, trespassing on school grounds, health and safety of students, work hours, student records, preparation of teachers, transportation rules, school safety patrols, and special education or behaviorally disabled students.
- The District’s policies prohibiting sexual harassment between or among employees, students, and volunteers, and prohibiting harassment, bullying, and intimidation of students, employees, and others involved in school district activities.
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Language Access – Interpretation and Translation Services
- Notice of the District’s Use of Directory Information
- Pesticide, Asbestos & Lead Notification
- Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Sexual Harassment
- Truancy Law
- Weapons Policy
- Child Find Notice
- Complaint Resolution
- Website Accessibility