Curriculum Development and Adoption of Instructional Materials Curriculum is evaluated, adapted and developed on a continuing basis and in accordance with a plan for curriculum growth. All new courses or major modifications to existing courses must be approved by the superintendent or designee prior to implementation.
Criteria for Selection of Instructional Material Staff will rely on reason and professional judgment in the selection of high quality materials that comprise a comprehensive collection appropriate for the instructional program.
Instructional Materials Committee
The committee will:
- Receive and act upon recommendations from the Curriculum Department for the adoption of basic instructional materials, approval of supplemental materials, or removal of materials from adopted lists.
- Provide oversight that will guarantee that the established process has been observed in the selection of instructional materials recommended for adoption.
- Hear challenges from patrons regarding instructional materials.
Committee Member Role
- Attend scheduled meetings (Typically three times per school year for approx. 2 hours)
- Serve as a communication link to the community they represent
- Assist in collecting data regarding the instructional materials under consideration
- Through a consensus process, make a formal recommendation to the superintendent and school board
- Melisa Macias, Chairperson
- Tessa Heady, Elementary Teachers
- Elizabeth Roberts, Librarians
- Claire McGee, High School Teachers
- Shannon Myers, Special Education Teachers
- Vita Conforti, Guardian/Parent
- Dusty Steere, Building Administrator
- Jen Rivera, Curriculum Department
- Brianne Dean, Equity Representative
Dr. Melisa Macias
Director of Teaching and Learning
Teaching & Learning
- Course Catalog
- About Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning Staff
- Learning Resources for Students and Families
- Advanced Level Courses
- Common Core State Standards
- Literacy and Dyslexia Screening and Instructional Supports
- Elementary Curriculum
- Guide to Assessments
- World Language
- Curriculum Adoption
- FLASH: Family, Life, and Sexual Health
- Reimagining Middle Schools
- Physics Instructional Material Adoption Committee
- Outside Learning Process