- Board elections: Director Christine Chew elected as President. Director Carolyn Watson elected as Vice President.
- Board approved annual plan.
- Board reviewed and asked questions about the preliminary 2019-20 district calendar: Negotiations between the district and teacher union begin January 2019. A final school calendar will be available by June 30, 2019.
- Board approved timeline for board vacancy process: Nominations are due Dec. 12. Applications will be accepted from Dec. 13 – Jan. 10. Candidates will be interviewed Jan. 22, and the new director will be sworn in Feb. 12.
- Board approved the application for the board vacancy, as amended.
- The board heard second reading of Policy 3122: Excused and Unexcused Absences and Policy 5011: Prohibition of Sexual Harassment. They approved the policies as amended.
- Annual Plan presented by Superintendent Duran and his staff, which was revised since the Nov. 20 board meeting, as requested by the board. Revisions included an executive summary, timelines, and re-organization for formatting purposes. The board approved the plan as presented.
- Board conducted annual selection of liaison and committee representatives.
- Board visit to Eastgate Elementary on Dec. 13.
To learn more about these topics, and others discussed, visit BoardDocs where you can view agendas, packets, minutes, and listen to meeting audio.