The Athletic and Activities Department would like to invite all interested community members to open forums held throughout the school year. The forums are intended to be educational opportunities for parents and students with a focus on middle and high school athletics and activities.
District Athletics and Activities Director, Jeff Lowell, and other BSD staff will be available for open discussion and questions about athletics and activities topics that are important to you. Please feel free to stop by and join us!
Topics may include but are not limited to ASB, field trips, travel, fundraising (ASB and Booster), administrative procedure 2151P, high school athletics registration and eligibility, non-WIAA sports, Special Olympics/Unified Sports, facility management for events, communication (school and department), middle school programming, the transition from middle school to high school, the District’s relationship with the WIAA, Title IX, prime time for events specific to female programs, etc.
Please feel free to stop by and join us!
Community Forums are not school specific. Families are welcome to attend all forums.
There is a forum scheduled for each day listed below. All sessions are scheduled from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 18, 2017 @ ESC West – Room 1A (12011 NE 1st St)
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 @ Newport High School – Library (4333 Factoria Blvd SE)
- Monday, November 27, 2017 @ Chinook Middle School – Library (2001 98th Ave NE)
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ Sammamish High School – Library (100 140th Ave SE)
- Monday, February 12, 2018 @ Highland Middle School – Library (15027 Bel-Red Road)
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ Bellevue High School – Library (10416 SE Wolverine Way)
- Monday, April 16, 2018 @ Odle Middle School – Library (502 153rd Ave NE)
- Thursday, May 17, 2018 @ Interlake High School – Library (16245 NE 24th St)