Watch Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th Grade Information Sessions on YouTube.
Athletics in Middle School
Note: Offerings are based on student interest and therefore may vary by school. Please contact the individual school (contact info below) for details.
|Organizer||Sport||2020 Session Dates|
|Jubilee Reach||Coed Cross Country||09/07 – 10/23|
|Jubilee Reach||Boys Soccer||09/07 – 11/06|
|Jubilee Reach||Girls Soccer||09/07 – 11/06|
|Jubilee Reach w/ First Tee||Girls Golf||09/07 – 10/23|
|Middle Schools||Coed Ultimate Frisbee||09/08 – 11/07|
|Organizer||Sport||2020-21 Session Dates|
|Middle Schools||Coed Badminton||11/02 – 01/22|
|Jubilee Reach||Coed Flag Football||11/02 – 01/22|
|Organizer||Sport||2021 Session Dates|
|Middle School||Coed Volleyball||01/25 – 04/02|
|Organizer||Sport||2021 Session Dates|
|Middle Schools||Coed Track||04/05 – 05/28|
|Jubilee Reach||Boys Soccer||04/05 – 05/28|
|Jubilee Reach||Girls Soccer||04/05 – 05/28|
|Jubilee Reach||Boys Basketball||04/05 – 05/28|
|Jubilee Reach||Girls Basketball||04/05 – 05/28|
|Jubilee Reach w/ First Tee||Girls Golf||04/05 – 05/14|
- For information about activities offered through Jubilee Reach, visit their website. Jubliee Reach can provide information about dates and times which are usually available during the first week of school for Fall activities. Most Jubilee Reach programs are offered onsite after school.
- For information about athletics and activities offered by a specific Middle School, click on the school link below or contact the school’s main office. Times and dates for these sessions may be on your school website and/or will be sent to you from the coach/school as the season approaches.
- Contact your school regarding after school activity bus availability.
To register for athletics and activities offered through Jubilee Reach or your Middle School, visit the FinalForms webpage. Jubilee Reach or your Middle School staff will contact you via email before the sports season begins with details about practice times and event schedules. Please note the following before registering online:
- Registration must be completed by the parent or legal (court appointed) guardian of the student athlete.
- Parents/guardians can find registration instructions in the Parent Playbook for FinalForms.
- Parents/guardians can enter multiple students in one FinalForms session.
- NOTE: Middle school students are not required to obtain a sports physical or ImPACT concussion testing to participate in Jubilee Reach or Middle School athletics and activities. The sports physicals (signed by physician) and ImPACT tests are required beginning in 9th grade for High School Athletics.
- When you add or update information in FinalForms, you must also add/update that information in ParentVUE.
|Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities||Athletics & Activities|
The following is important BSD Athletics Eligibility Information for ALL incoming 9th Graders
Second Semester of 8th Grade Prepares You for High School:
All students, including 8th graders, who are interested in participating in high school athletics must remain engaged in the classroom. A current 8th grader who does not pass six credit bearing courses during second semester of 8th grade (ending in June) must meet with the high school athletic director to:
- Outline a plan for academic success, and
- Review academic probation requirements the student will be held to as an athlete.
This meeting occurs during the first two weeks of the Fall Sports Season for Fall student athletes and the first two weeks of the Winter Sports Season for Winter student athletes.
For the 2020-2021 school year, initial Academic Eligibility for student athletes will be determined between Monday, August 24 and Friday, August 28, 2020. Student athletes must also be passing six credit bearing classes at subsequent grade checks throughout any sports season. Students who are not passing six credit bearing classes at a grade check are declared academically ineligible and therefore not able to compete for their team until the grades are remediated. Ineligible student athletes may attend and participate in practice, but not competitions.
Note: Summer School Courses may be used to address academic issues which arise at the end of second semester for the 2019-2020 school year.
For more high school eligibility details, go to the Eligibility page.
For high school registration details, go to the High School Athletics page.