Bus Riding Rules
Any violation of these rules may result in a conduct citation or possibly a bus suspension. If you have any questions or comments, please call (425) 456-4576.
Loading & Unloading
Getting on the bus:
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early.
- Wait in a line 10 feet away from the bus.
- Do not approach the bus until the bus stops, and the doors open.
- If you have to cross, wait for the driver signal.
- Cross in front of the bus, never behind.
Getting off the bus:
- Wait until the bus stops, and the door is open before standing up.
- No pushing or shoving while unloading the bus.
- If crossing, wait for the drivers signal.
- Cross in front of the bus never behind the bus.
School Bus Rules
- Remain seated at all times while the bus is moving
- Keep the aisles clear
- No food or drink allowed on the bus
- Inside voices at all times
- Classroom conduct at all times on the bus
- No fighting/hitting on the bus
- Keep your hands inside of the bus.
- No bulling/harassing other students
- No pushing or shoving while unloading
- No spitting
- No abusive or inappropriate language is allowed on the bus
- Follow the directions of the bus driver
- Students are not allowed to get off at another bus stop beside their assigned bus stop without permission. A signed note from a parent/guardian along with a school administrator signature, will be accepted. The note will only be good for that one time only.
- Students who need to ride a different bus, must get authorization. This is contingent on space availability on the bus.
- If you live inside the school transportation service area and want to permanently change bus stops, a Transportation Alternate Bus Route/Stop Request Form must be filled out and authorized before any stop changes can take effect.