While the winter break is a great time to relax and recharge, it is also a two-week break from the daily educational demands of school. Here are some tips to make sure your child will be ready to go when school resumes on Monday, January 4th.
- Try to keep a consistent schedule. Don’t stay up too late because it will make for a very difficult adjustment period when it is time to head back to Eastgate.
- Find time to stay active. Regular exercise is good for the body and the mind. Walking the dog, going on a hike, skiing, or ice skating are all great ways to stay active.
- Read a good book or 2. A cozy chair and a good book 🙂
- Write in a journal. This a great way to practice writing skills while also keeping an account of all the fun and excitement experienced over break.
- Visit some of the museums that the greater Seattle area has to offer.
- If you exchange presents, consider giving gifts that promote learning. Books are always an excellent gift ideas but also consider science experiment kits or making a pen-pal kit (a plastic container with colorful pens, paper, envelopes, and decorative postage stamps).
Try these sites for other fun learning activity ideas: