A Note from the Administration
Beth Hamilton, Principal
Stephanie Mathias, Assistant Principal
Wilburton is truly a global community. For many of us, most of our family and loved ones are living in another country. In the United States, the daily infection rates from COVID-19 are starting to decrease while the vaccination rates are increasing. We want to acknowledge that this isn’t the case in all countries. Currently, India is experiencing a sudden spike in COVID-19 cases. India has reported record setting numbers in the last week. There is an extreme shortage of hospital beds and oxygen. We know there are staff members and families who have loved ones in other countries experiencing spikes including India, Brazil and Mexico. We understand that many of you currently have loved ones who are currently sick, or who have recently passed from COVID-19, and the stress is even higher with the uncertainty of medical care. The distance amplifies the situation. Please know that the Wilburton staff is ready to support your family and your student(s). Please contact your child’s teacher, your child’s counselor, an administrator if you need assistance. We can connect you with community resources and provided direct support for student(s) in school.
Beth Hamilton, Principal- email@example.com
Stephanie Mathias, Assistant Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaitlin Casey, Counselor- email@example.com
· COVID Resources India: https://www.covidresourcesindia.com/
· COVID-19 Community Resources by City of Bellevue: https://bellevuewa.gov/city-government/departments/city-managers-office/communications/emergencies/covid-19/community-resources
|What’s Happening at Wilburton?
FAMILY MUSIC NIGHTS
I am so happy to share with you that I will be hosting a series of “Family Music Nights”. These are optional opportunities for students to share, perform, and even teach their families what they have been learning in music class.
Family Music Nights will be online, over the computer and students will have the meetings sent to their Teams Calendars.
|Time and Date
||Tuesday, May 18th
||Wednesday, May 19th
||Thursday, May 20
||Morgan, Bush, Radics
||Dhoot, Isernio, Vegarra
||Bassani, Bell, Kim
||Poon (Florio), Nova
What will this look like or sound like?
· This will feel a lot like music class, but families will be listen, watch and even participate in the songs or dances and the students will be the teachers for them!
Do students who participate need to have their video cameras and microphones on?
· No. This is meant to be for families and students to share and experience together as a small group. Audio will be from my computer songs or voice, and your child’s voice right there with you. If students want to have their video cameras on to share with the larger group there will be opportunities for that during our dance and movement portion.
Please email or send me a TEAMS message if you have any questions
Stephanie Hazen, Music Specialist
SAVE THE DATE: 5th GRADE CELEBRATION
It is the time of year where we begin to think about celebrating our 5th grade students as they end their elementary school journey and begin their Middle School Adventures! With the hybrid/virtual learning models and our need to limit large groups for health and safety, our 5th grade team as come up with a fun way to celebrate the STUDENTS this year! There will be TWO celebrations:
1. A video “highlight reel” that families can view at any time to celebrate the last year in elementary school.
2. A time for the 5th graders to be with their classmates, in person, to enjoy and celebrate this crazy year, their perseverance, flexibility, and friendships. This will be 5th grade CELEBRATION DAY!
WHAT: 5th grade celebration day
Students will join with their teacher , and ALL of their classmates, for a day of classroom fun, together! From field day activities, to traditional “rock painting”, fun learning activities, special lunch, and outside play, this day will be a DAY TO REMEMBER for our 5th graders!
WHEN: June 21, 2021 (Monday)
· Hybrid students: 8:00-2:30PM IN PERSON
· Virtual students: 8:00-11am VIRTUAL and 12:00-2:30 optional IN PERSON (students who would like can join Mr. Kim outside at school for games and learning together!
More details to come but SAVE THE DATE! Your 5th grader will NOT want to miss this day!
|BSD Updates and News
Technology Support Updates for Students and Families – Spanish| Chinese
With most hybrid students returning to school buildings soon, most in-person tech support will shift back to schools. The Tech Specialists look forward to reconnecting with their school communities. Beginning April 8, the Tech Center at Highland Middle School will be CLOSED.
Tech Center at Highland Middle School:
· April 5, 6 and 7: Reduced hours of in-person support: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
· Starting April 8: CLOSED
In-Person Tech Support:
Starting April 8, in-person tech support at schools and at our central office:
Tech support for all secondary students (both hybrid and virtual) will be available at their school.
Virtual students can book an appointment with the Tech Specialist at their school – more details to follow.
Tech support for all elementary students attending school in-person will be available at their school during their school day.
Virtual: Elementary students needing in-person support can visit the new Elementary Student Tech Center at the Wilburton Instructional Service Center (WISC).
· Address:12241 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98005
· Directions: The Tech Center is located in building 6 at WISC
· Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· General tech support for issues that are difficult to resolve via email or phone, no appointment necessary
· Students and families will follow guidelines for minimizing the risk of COVID-19
Online: We will continue to have support staff dedicated to supporting our virtual students.
· Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Parents firstname.lastname@example.org
· Students email@example.com
· Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Parents and students call(425) 456-4321
Dates to Remember
Check out our Calendar
· May 31: No School/ Memorial Day
· Week of June 14: Along with continued learning, we will be having some fun activities virtually and in person for our students (field day, step up day, egg drop STEM Challenge, and more!)
· June 21: 5th Grade Celebration Day
· June 22: Last Day of School